Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dahlia111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
    PA. Custody?
    Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights.
    To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce.
    I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST joint custody. My Husband has told me many times in the past that he will do anything it takes to make sure that I do not receive custody of our child. Including paying people to lie about what kind of mother I am. Saying I abuse my child. etc... anything under the sun to make me look bad. Which I am not. I devote all my time to my son. He is the world to me. I on the other handwould not want to get into a nasty battle. Because in the end I know it hurts the child the most.Nor would I try to keep him from his dad. How do I protect myself from my husbands unethical attempts to keep my child from me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Leave him
    Quote Originally Posted by dahlia111
    Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights.
    To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. and there are a whole bunch of other reasons why I am looking into the possibility of a divorce.
    I am a full time sahm. to our 17 mo. old son. And I would want AT LEAST joint custody. My Husband has told me many times in the past that he will do anything it takes to make sure that I do not recieve custody of our child. including paying people to lie about what kind of mother I am. Saying I abuse my child. etc... anything under the sun to make me look bad. which I am not. I devote all my time to my son. He is the world to me. I on the other handwould not want to get into a nasty battle. because in the end I know it hurts the child the most.Nor would I try to keep him from his dad. How do I protect myself from my husbands unethical attempts to keep my child from me.

Get some money saved up for a good attorney, leave him take the child, sue for full custody only giving him supervised visitatin rights ( no knows what the court will decide or allow).

I always liked my first wife ( now passed away) comment to me.
    If she was mad she would look at me and say

"Say what you want, do what you can, you got to sleep sometime"

Makes a man wonder twice when he goes to sleep
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Your son is 17 months old and you think a nasty legal fight with your husband will hurt your son? Doubtful he will remember. He is only 17months!!

Save up some money and then leave one night and take your child with you and go get a lawyer.

Your husband is intent on making this a nasty battle, so you either have to fight, give up all rights or stay with your husband.

I agree with Fr Chuck. Sue for full custody since he is very controlling and emotionally abusive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want Custody of my 14 yr old sister [ 9 Answers ]

I am here to see if anyone would happen to know what I have to do to get guardianship/custody of my 14 yr old sister... im 25 and married with no kids... mom is unfit at this time to handle a 14 yr old and she can barley handle herself... dad works nights and you can't leave a 14yr old home all...

Custody transfer [ 3 Answers ]

I've got custody in Georgia of my nefew. He went to visit his parents on spring break and does not want to come back. What is the most quick way to transfer custody back? He is 15 turning 16.

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and for the past 4 years I've been wanting to live 100% of the time with my mom instead of 50/50. My dad is addicted to marijuana and alcohol and he is threatening me to go to military school or to move. Is there a way I can live with my mom?

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

Custody question -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have had custody of my son for 7 years now (he is 17 now) For the last three we have lived in Florida The judge in Pennsylvania granted the relocation against my ex's wishes The question...

View more questions Search