Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin anderson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Rebar in foundations
    If you have an old foundation that does not have rebar, and you are going to tear down the existing house and rebuild. Is there a way to reinforce with rebar in the existing foundation?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
    What kind of foundation, block, concrete, stone?
    Have a structural engineer check the foundation before tear down and after tear down. He/she can tell you what needs to be done if anything to the foundation before re-building.
    boneyfreak Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Check local code requirements, In my area its 25% that is if your rebuild 25% of the structure the entire structure must be brought up to "code", if the home is as old as I'm thinking it is, then its best to just just install a new foundation immediately on the outside of the existing one and its easier to just blast jackhammer the necessary plumbing and accesses thought the old foundation then to try and "finesse" the old foundation back into shape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing and painting Block Foundations [ 2 Answers ]

Power washing my block foundation to remove old peeling, flaking paint has left pock marks and some loss of mortar in joints. How do I repair and then what type of primer paint should I use? (Don't know what the original paint was-oil based or latex). I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

How to seek the market for Rebar Cutter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,everyone!I'm maker of rebar cutter(construction tool),how to find a market for it.Thanks in advance.:mad: www.cndingli.com

Foundations... Variations! I'm confused! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, everyone! I'm just new here.. anyway, I'm glad I was able to find this site.. thank God. And I hope you can help me. It seems that whatever type of foundation I use, creams, sticks, cakes... it doesn't work for me. Sometimes it makes my skin look dry, sometimes it makes my...

Rebar and moving toilets [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move a toilet in an existing bathroom, but it is on a slab that has rebar. Can this be done without jeopardizing the integrity of the foundation?

Embedded pole foundations [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning a cabin for part-time use. Does a pressure-treated, embedded pole foundation save that much over a reinforced footing and concrete block? To be sure of being below the frost line, I like the footing bottom to be about 32" below grade. Your input will be appreciated. Stoker

View more questions Search