Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msk Posts: 59, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Books websites
    I am always interested in reading books (mainly mechanical engineering, but other technical books also). Does anybody know which sites I can go to get books and if possibly download them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Do you mind reading a real book? If not, go to the reference desk at your local public library. Tell them what you want, and they will do a keyword search to find any kind of technical book you want and will have it send over from another library. You should be able to check it out for at least two weeks and may be able to renew it for another week or two. The service is usually free, especially if the book is within your state.

At least it will help you evaluate books before you purchase them. Also, ask reference for the names of web sites that allow you to d/l tech books.
    msk Posts: 59, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Thanks for replying, But to be more specific, I tell you I am working in the gulf where we don't have public libraries here.Also the books are very costly here and secondly the books you require are not avialable also(Most of the time). Being an engineer many times I need some reference books on subjects such as piping, hydraulics and other subjects of mechanical and electrical engineering etc. So I am looking some sites where you can get the details. Most of the sites ar paid sites where you can only purchase the books but cannot see the matter in it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the added information. I will check with reference tomorrow at work (a public library) to find out some web sites for you (if they exist with free d/l). I will report back one way or another.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Google is digitizing as many books as it can (free), on any subject. Here's a link to their search page. I searched using "piping" as my keyword and got some interesting titles. Maybe they will be interesting to you too. And please try other keyword searches.

Google Book Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any websites design websites on intalment basis or on joint venture profit s [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any website design website on intalment basis or on joint venture profit sharing basis?

Can Websites Find Out What other websites we visit? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible for website owners to find out what other websites we visit? If so, how do they find out? Thanks

Number Of Websites [ 2 Answers ]

How many websites are on the Internet?

Proxy off websites because the school blocked mostly all websites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give me as many proxy off websites that you know because at my school I can't play games or go to myspace or to Yahoo. So can you help me?

Websites as Seen on TV [ 6 Answers ]

How many people log onto a website they see flash across their screen during a TV show, movie, live newscast, etc. Not including website commercials, just random sites you see during a program.

View more questions Search