Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HarrisonB06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Future Child support Payment
    My husband has a son that is & but has never seen. He is ordered to pay child support. We want to pay it in full until he is 18 now. Can this be done? If so will the wage withholdings be stopped and the AG out of our crap?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Most likely no you can't, you may be able to set up a trust for payments to be paid out of. But because support is figured on a percent of income and other factors, the amount due will and can change every few years, so what is being paid today could double in 14 years if husbands incomes goes way up.
    HarrisonB06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 08:54 PM
    We were just wondering because the mom wants us out and well after 7 years its not worth messing up their lives so we were going to see because my husband got a severe head injury and got a settlement and we were just going to end it all. Thanks for the answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 09:09 PM
    The real issue is that first your husband has vist rights he should be using, and even giving away his rights to visit ( if the courts would even allow it) will not take away his obligation for court ordered report.
    Now who knows, some family court judge may allow it, and then you are OK, unless of course another judge in 10 years rule that it was not enough, and more is still owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I figure my child support payment now that I'm on SS [ 6 Answers ]

We live in NC. My husband was just approved for SSDI, he has MS. His usual child support payment is $325/month. That judgement was made in NJ while my husband was gainfully employed making $50,000+/year. On SSDI he gets $23,000/year. That is our only income for a family of 4. We had to sell our...

Stop Child Support Payment [ 5 Answers ]

My son has turned 18 as of April - he has not completed high school - was expelled the last 2 years. I have had no contact with him due to his mother for the past 16 years so I cannot say if he will be attending school again or not in the fall or if it will be full-time - I do know he is still...

Is child support in my future? [ 4 Answers ]

Will I have to pay child support for a child that might be mine?A married couple have a thirteen year old girl that the wife say,s I might be the father.I am married w/ a 9 year old girl ,four year old boy, and my wife of 10 years is four months pregnant with our third and final child.Two weeks...

Non Payment of Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

My ex has not paid his court ordered child support in a year. I have a writ of Execution from the court, but have no idea where he banks. When in the state of California can I have him arrested for non payment, it has run into the thousands.

Future Child Support Payments [ 1 Answers ]

Three years ago during my divorce proceedings my now ex-husband was ordered to pay spousal maintenance for 5 years and child support until children are 18. He paid on time for the first two years but a little over a year ago he stopped making payments. At the time of our divorce he had a very...

View more questions Search