Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joeleen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Mistake on application for criminal complaint
    I have an application for criminal complaint to appear at trial court of Ma. District Court Department and it is for offense code 138/34C/A, Liquor, Person under 21 Possess.
    The Offense date is listed as 2/25/2008 but the offense occurred on 2/23/2008. Is this grounds to have this dismissed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Normally no, a error in the date will not normally cause a judge to throw the case out.

Also they could drop this and merely re-issue the complaint anyway.
    I will also note that I have seen dozens and dozens of under age drinking cases and was there in court and watched what happened, those that went in ( esp with an attorney) told the judge how sorry they were, and that this has taught them a lesson and asked for community service and when it was done the case would be dismissed. Almost all of them got it.
    Those that went in thinking they were Perry mason and tried to get it droped, and tried to prove they were not guilty nomraly had the book thrown in them, even say one guy get 3 days in jail because he could not keep his mouth shut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Foreclosure complaint [ 1 Answers ]

I was handed a foreclosure complaint I have 28 days to answer the complaint can you tell me how to answer this I've never done it and don't know what to do. Thank you michelle

Example of a ANSWER to a Complaint [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got a Complaint today from a Attorney. For a credit card debit I don't remember having this account. And I need to answer the complaint in 21 days but I don't know how.. I also need to have the attorney Validate the debt any example letters out there or any advice on how I do this? Any...

Just a complaint or defamation [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine found a religious origination distributes newspaper published by them at the company he works for. In his opinion, the newspaper is full of lies and extreme issues. So he filed a complaint to the company, trying to ban the newspaper. After investigation, the company came to the...

View more questions Search