Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimeecornell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Barclaycard debt
    Hi, I owe barclaycard in the region of £3,000 but have heard nothing from them in 2 years, does this mean my debt is no longer, is it wise to call them or just leave it. Thanks
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I though a debt stayed on your credit report for 6 years
    Have you moved home and they cannot find you?
    I would try a credit referance agency see if it is on file if it is contact barclays and offer them a payment plan and maybe even not for the full amount. Some take this just glad to get some money back.
    But if you are not really bothered about this leave it till they contact you then make an offer of payment but if you have not heard anything in all this time you maybe OK and had all that money for free

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Cancled Debt and Collection Debt showing up on Report [ 5 Answers ]

2 Questions I have a 1099-C from 2007, regarding a credit card debt that was canceled. Just today, I was notified I had a collection account appear on my report. (I have credit guard watch). I understand I have to claim the 1099-C on my Taxes as "income" on my report. (1) Since I have...

College Loan Debt & Credit Card Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Answer Received

Can a debt collector collect on a debt charged off with a zero balance? [ 3 Answers ]

Since I have been served papers for lawsuit by Capital ONe. Someone from Elite Recovery services, Inc has sent a letter to my husband saying "advised this account has been identified by our legal Department as an account to be forwarded toan attorney." This was seen on my husbands credit report...

Contacted by debt collector after notification that debt was not valid [ 1 Answers ]

I was contacted by a debt collection agency by phone stating that I owed $686.00 from 1991. I returned the call to find out what this pertained to and the gave me the name a store credit card that I had at that time - during that period my ex- husband filed bankruptsy and all accounts ( personal...

View more questions Search