Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vargastalent Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Can I really become a teacher online
    I been thinking about getting my ba in education with a univerty that offers online classes. Will employers take my degree seroiusly if they see that it comes from a university that is online?:rolleyes:
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Mar 18, 2008, 06:01 AM
    What university is it?
    denisem6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I am not sure about the answer to that question but I thought you should know that a lot of Universities are now requiring a minimum of a Masters. I have my Bachelors and teach at a University- one of the few that accepts Bachelors. I am now about to get my Masters because it seems like it is a must in this field. My discipline is Marketing and some schools even want a Doctrine!
    leticia60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 10:46 PM
    What university is it I'm interesting in this
    Bowtie_Barbie Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
    I personally don't think it's a big deal... a degree is a degree and boy do we need teachers nowadays, u know... I had a teacher in high school that did the same and she was VERY well respected... I see no problem with it, Id actually like to do it myself... What grade would you like to teach?.

I am not sure about the answer to that question but I thought you should know that a lot of Universities are now requiring a minimum of a Masters. I have my Bachelors and teach at a University- one of the few that accepts Bachelors. I am now about to get my Masters because it seems like it is a must in this field. My discipline is Marketing and some schools even want a Doctrine!
    I believe it was meant as university classes not as a university teacher...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 08:36 AM
    I realize this was from a post several months ago, but for anyone else who may be interested:

Yes, you can get the degree online, but you would still need to pass the exams to obtain certification. Many online university degree programs are recognized... many state universities offer online programs. Some may require you do some intern work in a local school... which really would be to your advantage. Nothing lets you see teaching better than actually being in the classroom with kids! There is much you just can't get from online or in books about teaching.
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Sep 3, 2008, 08:40 AM
    It matters where you get your degree. You need to research the school and make sure they are accredited. Accreditation is everything. But you need to make sure they have the right accreditation. (Any school can get some sort of accreditation). If you are looking at a University that also has classes on the ground chances are this school is accredited and the accreditation is respect.
    zelophehadwebster Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Sep 29, 2010, 12:24 AM
    If the university from where you've done your degree is accredited they'll definitely consider your qualifications. And in case, if its an unaccredited one, I'm sure they won't entertain you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I become a teacher? [ 17 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I want to do so many things in life but now I'm thinking, maybe I should be a teacher? I love kids a lot, and working with them but here's the thing. I want to have a job , that I will enjoy. My questions are: How many years of college do you need to become a...

New Teacher [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating to be an elementary educator in the Fall of 2008; can any experienced teachers provide me with some tips for first year teachers?:)

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

View more questions Search