Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Feb 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
    How can you find out what insurance carrier someone has?
    3 questions: If you are hurt by someone and have proof and documentation of them being at fault, but they refuse to tell you who their insurance carrier is (but you know they have one) how can you find out who it is with to write a demand letter to them?
    2nd Question: Can you go to homeowner's insurance for a claim if it is an auto accident on a pedestrian and car owner had no car insurance but has homeowner's? What about the liability insurance of the property owner at location where accident occurred--even if the property itself didn't 'cause' the accident, the driver did?
    3rd question: Can you go to homeowner's insurance for a claim for a business that is liable but is sole proprietorship (not a corporation) but business has no liability coverage but proprietor has home owner's ?
    Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Was an accident report written up? If not you need to go and report it to the police. The police will then determine who the insurance carrier is and inform you where to file a claim.

Generally, no. Homeowners insurance will not cover auto related damages

If a business is sole proprieter the homeowners policy MIGHT cover liability.
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Feb 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Actually 2 separate issues. One a pedestrian injury accident my aunt had. I'll tell her, then to ask police for insurance info. That was reported to police.
    Other was a problem we currently have with an architect found to be incompetent recently by board of architects and practicing engineering without a license. He has ceased all communications with us and we want to know how we can get our $ back on plans we've found are next to useless. Plus he kept a retainer that wasn't actually used/billed for after we paid him for/received the plans and then he created bogus additional hours of work to say he wanted more $, we wouldn't pay him, and he kept the retainer to pay himself. He may or may not have liability insurance on his business, but I'm reasonably sure he has it on his home, as he has a loan. We also have general damges.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Homeowner's liability Insurance won't help with the architect. You have to sue him for the monies. You may be able to file a lien on the home, but his insurance won't cover anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find all his insurance policies on my deceased father [ 2 Answers ]

There are several insurance policies on my father held by several different people and no one will produce one so we can get him barried. What method do I take to find them?:confused: {moved from Forum Help-Please take more care in choosing a posting forum-<>}

My dad recently died and I want to find out my rights as to his life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently passed and I want to find out if I have any benefits how do I find this out

How do I find out whether my dad had an insurance policy? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I dind out whether my deceased dad had an insurance policy

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Where do you find good health Insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew where a person could find good Reasonable honest health insurers that won't make you go broke? Sorry this may be asking too much. I suppose it is. Thank You Don

View more questions Search