What does an ISO Extension indicate?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 27, 2008, 09:10 AM
    That's it's an image.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2008, 09:12 AM
    I believe it stand for International Standards Organization, but generally they are a bit by bit image of a CD or DVD disk. Generally you want to burn the ISO file back to a disk to use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Files with an *.ISO extension [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone have advice on how to open and use the contents of an *.ISO file?

Raw iso files. [ 3 Answers ]

I have downloaded windows 2003 server and linux,as well as other files onto my computer.Is there a free download to convert these files from iso raw data files to something else so I can view them or open them?

Mandriva .iso file [ 7 Answers ]

How can I untar Mandriva (Linux) .iso file and install Mandriva from hard drive? If impossible to install from hard drive how to do it from cd? Thanks.

Nero iso... [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to make an ISO file without burning it using nero... because I want to burn ISO with text doc... And if you are in DOS and there's a CD containing ISO in CD-ROM and your type dir/w what will you see... :confused:

ISO Image [ 11 Answers ]

I have this ISO file, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried mounting it with DAEMON Tools 3.46, but it gave me this error. :( Cannot open the file "The file 'file_name.iso' was not found" I also tried installing Undisker 1.2 and opening it with that, but it also gave me an error....

View more questions Search