Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Allheart - She doesn't look sad at all, but I'm having a hard time not picturing her nestled next to another pup. Sorry, I'm an instigator.

Whatever you decide I'm sure your Kara will be happy. She has wonderful people who love her and that's all any of us need in this world. She's such a lucky pup.
    average Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Attachment 6508

Hi everyone

This is my little girl Kara. She will be 9 in August. I had a boy, Flakey, who passed away several years ago, and Ms. Princess has adjusted nicely. She LOVED her brother.

Now here’s the thing. Hubby wishes for us to get Ms. Kara a playmate. We both do work and little Ms. Muffin is home alone until we get home. But weekends we all are always together. I think Missy catches up on her sleep during the week as on the weekend she doesn’t sleep much at all. (I’m up very early and she is always afraid she will miss something)

Here’s the part that concerns me. Kara, is not disinterested in other dogs, she does not like them. Not even a little. She growled at a little puppy that was just sitting looking at her. Another time I was holding her, and someone was showing me their little puppy and she made a little snap gesture. Now this is a dog that does not bark at all and never grows at all. Unless she is playing with her little dolly. My mother-in-law swears she doesn’t know how to bark 

I do know that hubby and I can spend the time to acquaint the new dog with her as we don’t have any “two foot” children.

Another concern is Kara has both her little knees out and has torn her ACL once. I never want to see her in that pain again. Niether does her Daddy. We have layed carpet everywhere, even the kitchen, so Miss muphet doesn’t reinjure herself.

I’m concerned the new little one will rip and run and Kara hurting herself again. We are going to look at the foster babies, but I am so leary of that. I am so afraid to bring in a semi adult dog, when no one really knows its complete background, and if the foster baby bites Kara or vice versa. I would be devastated. So we are leaning towards a new puppy.

Are we doing wrong by Ms. Kara, getting her a playmate, when she appears to be very happy and is happiest when on Mommies lap. Her Daddy thinks she needs a playmate, but Mommy will be doing all the puppy work . Oh but that kind of work is a work of love.

I just want to do right by Princess Kara.

I value and appreciate your advice. You folks on this forum are simply the best.

Thank you,
    Allheart.
    your dog may not like other dogs because they could be teritorial, female dogs feel thretened if in contact with another female
    and sometimes different breeds get along a little better than others
    if you want to get another dog go for it, but make sure kara agrees with your decision
    if you let kara meet the dog before you buy it and they get aquanted, im sure she will be happy to have a new playmate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search