Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sat_srini Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Multiple state taxes
    Hi,

I moved from Illinois to California in early February. So, what are the state tax forms that I need to file. Do I need to file the NR forms for both states since I was a part-resident?

Thanks
    Satish
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Yes. File as a part year resident for each of the states.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
    For Illinois you complete IL-1040 and schedule NR.

For California use their form 540-NR.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying ga. State income taxes on income earned in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I earned money working in Texas, which does not have a state income tax, however I discovered when I filed my taxes I was being assesed taxes on income I did not earn in Georgia, I don't know the law, but I feel this is unfair.

State taxes on out-of-state short-term contract [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Here's my situation. Facts: I am a consultant for company X (W-2 arrangement),which is based in New Jersey, where I was hired for a 6-month contract in New Jersey to perform work for one of their clients--company Z. I am a current resident of Arizona where I have a house and I plan...

Multiple State - NY and PA [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a NY resident and my employer is in PA and with held my 2006 taxes with PA. But I work for client in NY. Do I file taxes to NY or PA. I was told I have to file taxes to PA as Non- Resident and file NY taxes as Resident.:rolleyes: Did my employer really screw up with holding PA...

Multiple State Tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I work for on H1B visa for a software consulting firm that is based Texas. They run the payroll in Texas and withhold Federal Tax but no state tax. I was contracted to work for a client that has offices in 2 states where I worked in the following order for year 2006: 1. Worked in...

H1B and Multiple State [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is regarding my tax return for 2005. I was in USA from 28 Nov 2004 till 2 Apr 2005 in Chicago, IL on H1B. I came back here on Oct 10, 2005 in Salt Lake City, UT on H1B. My wife joined me here on Jan 6, 2006. On my W2 tax stauts is Married and state tax is MI as my employer is...

View more questions Search