Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derkaiser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 10:18 PM
    short circuit current fault
    I have quite a simple system. Contains one substation, feeder pillar and 3 houses. I have calculated the short circuit current that the transfromer in the substation can deliver but is there any one that can help me with finding the equations to calculate the short circuit current level supplied by the cables and house.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Short circuit calculation..
    1. compute the PU (per unit ) value of utility source (puZs)
    puZs=kva base/utility Short Circuit KVA

2. Compute PU for Tranformer Source (puZt)
    puZt = % Z of transformer/100

3. Compute PU value of feeder line
    Cable impedanceXlength /1000/m

Convert cable impedance form ohm to PU (pu Zc)
    puZc = impedance in ohms/kvsqrX kv base/1000

4. Draw impedance Diagram
    5. Draw simplified diagram with values
    6. Add the total PU impedance (puZt)
    7. Compute short circuit current

Isc = PU Voltage/puZt X base KVAx1000/1.73xbase voltage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc Fault circuit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3-wire home run to the panel which supplies 2 circuits. One of the circuits supplies a bedroom and I want to comply with the arc-fault breaker protection rule. Square D indicates the common neutral will cause the arc-fault to trip. Is there a solution to this? Bob

Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter tripping [ 1 Answers ]

My home has AFCI circuits. I just added a light and switch and wired it into an existing circuit. When the light is on everything is fine, but when I flip the switch to off the circuit trips. Any idea why this is happening. Jared

Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters [ 4 Answers ]

I realize I have to run Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters for all three of my bedrooms. I was planning on using fluorescent lights in the closets of those bedrooms. True or False, Can I run fluorescent lights on an Arc Fault Interrupter circuit?

Arc fault circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a high rise condo building. My bedrooms(2) arc fault circuit breaker (1) seems to be in off position (the 15amp switch) after the power in my 2 bedrooms went out quietly during the day. However, I cannot move the 15 amp switch back to the 'on' position. What is the likely problem?

View more questions Search