Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rnluby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 07:34 PM
    I need a metal contact in My HP Deskjet 6122
    I noticed that my black cartridge wasn't printing right so I bought a new one. That didn't fix the problem. I took both cartridges out and noticed the black cartridge side was missing the metal contact that goes next to the cartridge in the nest. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Thanks. :)
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Please define, "Wasn't printing right"

Also is the metal plate supposed to be part of the cartridge or part of the frame it mounts into. What is the HP cartridge number you are using?
    rnluby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
    The black ink was printing sketchy. Some areas would print and some wouldn't. The cartridge number was hp51645a. Since I posted this, I thought I would try to experiment on a makeshift solution to see if it would work. I used wire cutters to cut and shape a large paper clip to fit inside the holes that were left inside the printer cradle. This took a little trial and error a few times but eventually, I got it to work. I guess the cartridge just needed some metal to rest against. Maybe this will help someone else. Thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP deskjet 710c [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have just bought a hp deskjet 710c, of a friend it didn't have any install cd with it,I have been trying to install to windows 98,using wizard,but this printer is not in their selection,I am totally new to trying to install these,is their a compatible printer # I can...

Hp deskjet d1320 [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way that I can download my software without the disc? :confused:

HP Deskjet 1320 [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Install My Hp Deskjet 1320 Without Disk

HP deskjet 3620 [ 1 Answers ]

It has been quite a while since I used this printer. When I just tried it, it would not pick up the paper to run it through. The pick up wheel just went around, but did not pick up the paper. I was using laser jet paper which appears to be failry slick. Is this a probable reason for the wheel...

Hp deskjet d1320 [ 1 Answers ]

Cd rom won't install printer is there another way?:confused:

View more questions Search