Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    very curious 7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Tenant rights
    In Mass, what are the laws on frequency of apartment inspections. We pay our own rent but there are some HUD residents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Are you wanting more inspections, or do you feel you have too many. How many do you have now, Also what are the inspections for, would you include maintenance in apartments.
    very curious 7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Hi, we used to have 1 a year which worked out nicely. Now there may be 1 every 3 months. We pay rent ourseleves but there are some HUD apartments. Someone told us that there is a rule of only once a year. I hate when people are being taken advantage of due to limited income. I also feel like we pay good money ourselves and feel insulted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Unless you have some specific rules, to my knowledge the local housing company can decide what they believe is best. And to be honest for most of the lower income renters I have had under what we call section 8 that is not uncalled for. While yours may be great renters, I normally had more damage, illegal residents ( people living there not listed) and illegal activities out of more of my section 8 than any other

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been given notice the landlord will is putting the home I am renting on the market tomorrow. My lease is up in Dec. I want to to know what my rights are according to Utah law. Does this enable me to find a new home now or am I stuck until the home is sold?

Tenant rights [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Montana and I just found out from the power company that I am paying a portion of the downstairs tenants electric bill. This was not disclosed to me when I rented the apartment. Also my landlord entered my apartment when I was not home and did not give me any notice they were going to do...

Tenant rights [ 6 Answers ]

I rented a house 10 months ago and the landlord never gave me a lease that was suppose to be for a year,he has given me 2 eviction notices and then says I can stay ,I received another eviction yesterday for no reason.I pay my rent every month on time if not before and have done nothing wrong for...

Tenant rights. [ 2 Answers ]

If major repairs are needed and we had to spend some nights at a motel, should the landlord or manager be responsible for the cost of it. Also if there are threats and harrasements, should that be dealt with right away or left for another time. Especially when we still need more repairs done. ...

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

View more questions Search