Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinequip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 06:30 PM
    HP Pavilion DV5000 nothing displays on screen
    I have an HP Pavilion DV5000, the laptop powers up but nothing is displayed on the screen. I can't tell if the operating system is running. Not sure what happened, laptop is about 2 years old and was up to date with all virus protection sw updates. Is there a keystoke that I could try to run in safe mode or could it be a hard drive problem?

Thanks for your help.

K
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 26, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Sounds like whatever lights your screen has probably died! Or somehow switched off...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Sounds more like a problem with the screen if it stays blank through the POST
    German_Guy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Hi,

I have problems with my Pavilion dv5000 too.

And the funny thing is, it's two years old too.

When I'm moving my display, the picture is flickering. So I guess the connection between the mainbord and the display is getting broken.

Maybe it's completely broken on yours.

Try to use an external screen... if it's working, the connection is down.

I know it's a little late, because the post was from Feb. but maybe I could help someone else.

Bye
    Anderson Luna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by German_Guy
    Hi,

I have problems with my Pavilion dv5000 too.

and the funny thing is, it's two years old too.

when I'm moving my display, the picture is flickering. so i guess the connection between the mainbord and the display is getting broken.

maybe it's completely broken on yours.

Try to use an external screen.... if it's working, the connection is down.

I know it's a little late, because the post was from Feb. but maybe i could help someone else.

Bye

Hi, I have bought my HP dv5178us 2 years ago either, and it presented the same problem.

The output for external monitor still works perfectly.

Has anyone already changed this connection or knows how much would it cost?

HP in Brazil did not provide any assistance for this note which was bought in USA, and at first a local not HP authorized assistance asked about 450 USD to change the entire screen!

To sum up, I have been using it as a desktop only. What great experience, isn't it Hewlett-Packard?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP dv5000 laptop keyboard removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, My HP dv5224nr (i.e. dv5000 series) keyboard needs to be replaced. I got a new keyboard but I have trouble taking the original keyboard out from the laptop. Can someone give me a step-by-step instruction (or, some website references) on how to do this. If I know how to take...

HP Pavilion dv5000? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I access or open the Recovery Drive on an HP Pavilion dv5000?

HP Pavilion dv5000 reset to factory operating system [ 3 Answers ]

After weeks to trying to remove a Trojan virus from my computer, I was told that I could reset to the factory operating system to get rid of it. I realize I will lose all of my prgrams, but I don't care any more. How do I do this?

My new HP dv5000 died and won't even turn on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a HP Pavilion dv5000 last October. Last week it just died, that is turned off and never restarted, it seems totally dead. No lights sounds or anything. Unfortunately my warranty was only for 90 days which already passed, so I took it to a service center and they replied: - It...

View more questions Search