Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Feb 26, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Why Become a Mistress?
    I'm referring to a woman in an extended sexual relationship with a married man not her husband. Interestingly, "The Free Dictionary by Farlex" notes:

"English has no shortage of terms for women whose behavior is viewed as licentious, but it is difficult to come up with a list of comparable terms used of men. One researcher, Julia Penelope, stopped counting after she reached 220 such labels for women, both current and historical, but managed to locate only 20 names for promiscuous men."

Life experience tells me this is virtually a "Women Only" situation. I'm sure that isn't strictly the case, but I'm also sure the preponderance of the affairs that continue for extended periods are unmarried women with married men. That is interesting all by itself.

Here are some reasons I've seen listed on this site or heard from others:

1. All the good men are either married or gay.
    2. Seducing a married man gets a woman a notch.
    3. The situation is almost always between a man who is better off than the woman. She wants what she can't afford and she trades physical love for "stuff".
    4. I don't care if he is married, it is better than being lonely.
    5. Marriage gets boring after a while. It takes a long time for an affair to get boring.
    6. An affair is a risk. Risky sex is better sex.
    7. I don't know. It just happened.

I'm interested in hearing if any of the above are correct.

I'd like to ask women what you thought or what you think women are thinking when they enter into a situation like this?

I'd like to ask men who have had long term affairs why they think the women entered into the relationship?

Do gays have extended affairs with the partners of others?

I'd rather not hear about one night stands. I'm interested in longer affairs.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 04:35 PM
    The woman my husband had an affair with seemed to seek out married men. She tried to "date" one of my husband's married friends before she changed her target.
    I think some women like the fact that they are doing something wrong, like the thrill of potentially getting caught. She liked the fact of obtaining something that should have been untouchable.
    Those are my opinions anyway - who knows for sure what goes through a homewreckers head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adding "mistress" to my resume [ 3 Answers ]

Ill try to make this short and sweet but it might take awhile!! Please bear with me I'm still new to this, and have never posted anything before! I've fallen for a former co-worker that is now married... ive known him for almost 3 years now, but just recently starting talking... from the moment I...

Mistress "arrangement" benefits [ 37 Answers ]

I am getting ready to possibly enter into a mistress/married man "arrangement" He is going to be my Sugar daddy. However we both want the intimate and friendship aspects of the arrangement. I was wondering if anyone out there has been in such a situation and what the usual benefits (monetarily)...

An x-mistress has questions: [ 9 Answers ]

So I've been a married man's mistress for the last 7 months. We've been busted by his wife and our relationship is over- he is trying to save his marriage for the sake of his kids. I'm left alone, missing him, angry, hurt, without his support. I've turned to this forum for advice. I'm on the road...

View more questions Search