Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matthew the poor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Water
    :) what cause the change in the waters color..?

Why we see the planet blue from the space??

Sometimes we see the sea water green??
    rockerchick26 Posts: 93, Reputation: 22

Feb 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Color is caused by reflections from light waves. There are 7 wavelegnths of visible light (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet :AKA ROYGBIV ) For example if water appears blue, it is ABSORBING red, orange,yellow, green, and indigo wavelegnths of light and REFLECTING Blue. Some water can appear green because of the presence of algae in the water. Algae are green and therefore are reflecting green wavelegnths of light.
    matthew the poor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:53 AM
    thanks a lot bro

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search