Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frank spin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Diesel fuel
    What is the difference between regular diesel and farm diesel besides the red dye?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Here's a good place to start reading:

Fuels: United States
    Majoria Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
    The main difference is sulfur content. ULSD (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel) is the current fuel being sold and is rated at a maximum of 15 ppm (parts per million). This fuel is mandatory for 2007 and later model year engines (not necessarily model year vehicles, long story there). Prior to that we used LSD (Low Sulfur Diesel) which is rated at a maximum 500 ppm. And of course there is off road diesel which is listed as 500+ and usually dyed red or blue. Recently we have seen off road diesel below 500 ppm so the old school approach of dyed fuel is always above 500 is no longer absolute but it is important to still note.
    patleelightle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 11:00 AM
    The Difference Between Reg Diesel And Farm Deisel Is Die Price And Farmers Can Claim It As A Company Expense On There Income Tax And If You Run It In Your Vehicle You Can Be Charged And They Will Know That's What The Die Is For
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2008, 07:09 PM
    DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT run this in your any diesel truck. The high sulfur content will cause you nothing but trouble. Will smoke like a whore and go nowhere and run like .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would diesel fuel still be good if kept gelled for 5 years? [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a tanker full of diesel fuel, store it outside in -20 degree weather the fuel will gel. The tanker remains outside in -20 degree weather for the next 5 years. Then when the fuel was needed the tanker was hauled into a building and allowed to heat up, liquefying the diesel fuel again. ...

Fuel filter for 6.2L Diesel [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my 1987 Chevy truck with the 6.2L diesel. I have a 2008 Dodge Ram with the cummins so I am not very familiar with this old truck. I just had all the electrical gone through... starter, battaries, all of the cables including wireing through the firewall to accessories......

7.3 Power Stroke Diesel does it have a fuel pump ? [ 4 Answers ]

1997 7.3 Power Stroke ford truck does it have a Diesel fuel pump ? My truck runs for a little time (2min) and shuts down.then will not start till it sits for a few hours.

Diesel fuel leaking from flexplate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 ford f 350 pick up diesel. I have been noticing a stain on my driveway. I put my finger in the stain and is was diesel. It was leaking from the flex plate. I took it off and found nothing but I did notice the valley on top was wet. The truck has 144,760 miles on it.

View more questions Search