Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    playingwithmyhead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Confused about friend
    I have been friends with this guy for many years, but a few years ago we started confiding in each other about personal issues and I started to develop very strong feelings for him. I sometimes thought he felt the same. A year ago he told me he loved me and I told him that I loved him. We have both discussed taking the relationship to the next level but have not for fear of ruining our friendship. Every time we move towards a physical relationship he distances himself from me. We speak if we run into each other, but he makes no attempt to contact me. A month or two will go by and we start things over again only to end up in the same place we were before. He recently asked me if I love him and I told him that he knows how I feel. He said he wanted to hear me say it, but I can't because I sometimes feel he is playing games with me. What should I do? I want to end these games and tell him exactly how I feel but I am afraid of looking like a fool if he is not feeling the same way. Is he playing games with me?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Darlin, the only way to "end these games" is to do what your gut is telling you to do - "tell him exactly how [you] feel" and get it off your chest. You don't need to be living in this constant state of "I wonder... "

In life and relationships, sometimes we have to be ready to take the risks and accept the consequences. If you are ready to accept whatever may result, then I'd say go for it.

It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with this guy and you don't want to lose that. That is understandable. But, hon, you're living a sham... you have feelings for this guy and yet you're suppressing them out of fear of losing him.

Yes, you could lose him, but don't you want to know? I hate living in limbo... second guessing yourself, living in fear of reaction, trying to determine if he 'really meant that', if he's playing games with your heart, and on and on. You're worth the mental peace of knowing.

I hope that everything works out for you and your friend. Take the chance. You never know what will happen... but once you do take that leap of faith into the precipice of the unknown, you'll have the definition you desperately want. You'll know whether you have found your "one" or whether you need to fly on into the beautiful, unknown tomorrow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 09:38 AM
    He may be as confused, and scared, as you are. You will never know, unless you talk about it.
    DMBacoustic Posts: 65, Reputation: 15

Feb 27, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    In life and relationships, sometimes we have to be ready to take the risks and accept the consequences. If you are ready to accept whatever may result, then I'd say go for it.

Yes, you could lose him, but don't you want to know? I hate living in limbo... second guessing yourself, living in fear of reaction
    This is the way you should go through life; not second guessing or regretting anything and just going for it, being relentless in life. Well said HC.
    JL FANATIC Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Tell him you want to end these games, and tell him how you really feel. Most of the time you have to be straight forward with a man. At least you and him will know what you want. Ask him what does he want and what he would gain by saying you love him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friend and I kissed, now very confused and concerned [ 4 Answers ]

I took my best friend out to the movies the other day because she's been having a rough time latly.Its always been a very close and often flirty friendship.so anyway halfway though the movie she starts to get very cosy laying against me and then gives me a peck on the cheek,with that I turn around...

Confused between friend and love [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Members, I would like to seed for advice. What should I do? I meat a girl in the internet. We starting to be friend for the past 4 months. Ever since I know her she keep telling me about her problems with her families and keep mentioned that she has an complecated relations. Days goes each...

So confused.loosing a friend to a Guy [ 9 Answers ]

About a few weeks ago my ex and I broke up... so to get my ming of it I decided to go out with my friend and her new guy... his name is jeffrey... We went to this club and I met some of jeffreys friends... ely, jeffreys friend ask for my number but I ask him for his instead... After a while...

Friend confused [ 7 Answers ]

Well I am already pregnant but this is not about me its to help my friend she doesn't have internet so I told her id post her problem up here because this site has helped me a whole out when I started pregnancy... Well my friend last month in the middle of the month had brownish pinkish discharge...

View more questions Search