Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karbear1958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Non relative custody
    I have been asked to take custody of two boys whose mother passed away do you know if I would be able to get any financial help through the state for these boys who have no family
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Mostly its going to depend on how you acquired the children. Where is the dad ? Are you in the USA ? If you " foster care " for the children then you may receive State funds and medical insurance for them. If you adopt you might not get those benefits. If the mother has passed and the children are under 18 and your in the U.S. then they may be entitled to SSI survivor benefits. If your just being kind and none of this has been court approved then your out of luck I think. Best to talk to a good lawyer and see where to position yourself to best meet the needs of the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relative abundance [ 2 Answers ]

Chlorine exists in nature as two isotopes. Given the following data calculate the relative abundance of each isotope. CL = 35.453amu I just need an example on how to do this. The book is no help!

Relative motion [ 1 Answers ]

A swimmer wishes to cross a 500m wide riverflowing at 5Km/h.. His speeed with respect to water is 3km/h.The man wishes to reach directly opposite to his starting point but he reach some wherere else on the opposite shore and he has to walk to that point.. Find the minimum distance that he has to...

Non-relative children [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help: my girlfriend and her 3 year old have been living with me since last Feb. and last year his real father claimed him on his taxes (eventhough he doesn't live with him) I am the only person who works in the household. Do I have the 1st right to claim the child on my taxes. His father...

Relative abundance [ 1 Answers ]

How do I work the relative abundance of Gallium

Eviction of a relative, FL [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Hopefully someone can answer my question. My father is 70 and my adult sibling is living with him, she refuses to pay rent or help around the house. He has asked her to move out on numerous occasions but she refuses, she has told him that if she stays in the house for 24 hrs. straight...

View more questions Search