Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 04:01 AM
    " Be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God ."
    " Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things." (Matthew 6.33)

What is the real meaning of this sentence ?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 26, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Priorities. Spiritual first, which relates to our eternal condition, followed by material, which God promises to provide if our priorities are right.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Feb 26, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Good answer Galveston. That's absolutely it in a nut shell.

It would help a little to go back a couple verses, pmh.

Matthew 6:31, 32, 33 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Because we are in this world, in this flesh, it is so much easier for us to concern ourselves with our flesh. It is harder though, for us to put our spiritual self first, but that is what God wants us to do because this flesh will end. He is saying in these verses that God knows what our needs are. If we put God first in our lives, He will take care of our fleshly needs.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Feb 26, 2008, 05:01 PM
    I see from your questions that you are searching for answers. Go to the One who can answer them for you. Find the real relationship with Jesus and His Holy Spirit will guide you into all Truth. Therein you will find the answers you seek.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain Hosea 11:9 "I am God, and not a man" [ 11 Answers ]

I am just curious how Christians explain this one: Hosea 11:9 -- "I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim; for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee; and I will not come in fury." A fundamental belief of Christianity is that...

"Why god made moms?" [ 1 Answers ]

To anyone & everyone... I was e-mailed this just a few moments ago. A class of 2nd graders were asked "why they believed that god made moms?" Their response were as follows-- 1. She's the only one that knows where the scotch tape is.

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

How Does God Calls Himself? E.g "i am the bread of life" [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my name is kate, and I'm doing a project on Religion. My teacher asked me to write how God calls himself, she said to give all the "I am" an example with this is "I am the bread of life " John 6:35. Unfortunately this is the only one I could find in the bible. Does anyone is kind, and help...

View more questions Search