Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 03:27 AM
    "The Father and I are one."
    What is the real meaning of "The Father and I are one." (John 10.30) ?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 26, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Absolute, perfect unity between The Father and The Son. Jesus uses the word "are", indicating two persons. He further prays in ch. 17 of the gospel of John that His followers would be "one" as He and the Father are. Comparing these passages help us to understand the relationship between the Father and Son.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Those words enraged his fellow countrymen. They considered his statement to be blasphemous and were ready to stone him. (John 10:31-33)

But let's put this in context…a group of Jews had encircled Christ, demanding that he tell them clearly whether he was the Christ. Answering them, this is what he said: “I have told you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father's name are my witness; but you do not believe, because you are no sheep of mine. The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life; they will never be lost and no one will ever steal them from me. The Father who gave them to me is greater than anyone, and no one can steal from the Father.

Clearly Jesus Christ was not claiming to be his Father's equal. He himself stated that he acted, not in his own name, but in the 'name of his Father.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Man who "thinks" he is the father [ 1 Answers ]

I am legally married and have been for a long time. My husband and I separated for a while I began to date another man. I used protection with him and after reconciling with my husband we found out that I was pregnant. Now the guy I dated for a while thinks he may be the father of our child. Can he...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search