Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Changing R410 to R22
    Has anyone taken out R410 from a R410 system and put in R22.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:40 PM
    No. I wouldn't even think to try. Will be impossible by design of the 2 systems.
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Feb 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
    I have seen that only once, where a hvac tech didn't read the ID plate to charge a leaking system that had leaked all of the R410a out, and recharged it by ACCIDENT with R-22. It did NOT work after the recharge!!
    eschuen Posts: 62, Reputation: 6

Feb 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Sort of expensive but can be done. You need to change the compressor and metering device
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eschuen
    sort of expensive but can be done. You need to change the compressor and metering device
    You need to flush all the POE oils and add mineral oil. You will have a flooded condenser coil. Since 410A has more BTU per lb. than r-22, the condenser coil is smaller. And on and on and on. You may as well make your own A/C system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

R134a in an R22 system [ 4 Answers ]

What would the effects be if an r-22 system were to be evacuated and filled with R134a? What is the reason that this equipment can not handle this gas?

How to confirm R410 is used in Trane XR15 installation? [ 1 Answers ]

Can and should old heat recovery line (15 years old) be reconnected with new Trane 14 seers with R410A? How you can confirm that your contractor is really using R410 with Trane?

Changing 2- 20amps to become a subpanel [ 3 Answers ]

I am in need of a subpanel because Im adding runs for a finish attic with 2 15amps. And down the road a basment. But looking at my panel I have a air condition 2-20 amp breakers, my guess is a 240v for the ac. Well I am not using that run any more due to central air. What can I do to convert that...

Changing your dreams and what does it mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there is orther who can change there dreams like me. That is why I got on here. But they say it close so why have it on Google. I need to know if there is other and what does it mean for me in the long run? And can what can I do with it?:

Changing heat pump thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

I have a American standard thermostat (ASYSTAT655A)& I have been wanting to update to a digital thermostat. I bought a Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat and have most of the thermostat wires hocked up with the help of a friend.My only problem is My Air conditioner will come on and just stay on even on...

View more questions Search