Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayshay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Real Estate Investing
    Can a real estate investment, LLC be established without having an associates or brokers license. If there is no desire to represent the general public as an agent in buying or selling real estate and the only goal is to buy and sell real estate as an investment business for oneself. My question is, do you need to have an associates or broker's license to start an LLC real estate investment company.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2006, 07:43 AM
    No you do not. I am a real estate investor and don't have my licence for one specific reason:

I'd rather buy and sell as "Joe Public" rather than as an agent or broker. If you are licensed, then you must disclose so when buying or selling, which in my opinion, is not good.

When I buy and sell, if the other party is an agent, then I am extra leery... just like I am of Car Dealership salespeople over individual sellers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Investment
    I would look into doing a coroporation, personally but yes you can have a business set up as an investment company in your case they may be investing in real estate right now, but latter could be anything.

Others call them "mangement" companies where they manage property, buy and sell.

Now you are selling the property as he owner, and buying as a owner and will have to pay the fees as such and not charge sells commissions and fees like a broker does.

I would talk to a tax accountant before jumping into it. Theone expert on here Atlanta Tax... sounds real great on tax issue, not sure if he is up on property issues.

But if you are going to have a company doint this you would need an accountant doing your books anyway.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Actually the tax end of real estate investing is easy. You'll report depreciation and include a Schedule E. Pretty simple stuff.

The important part to learn is being sure to claim all you're allowed to as an expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Lien [ 3 Answers ]

I have been sued by my X husband for 1/2 of the property in the home I lived in In Indiana. The divorce decree back in 1988 stated, when the wife in the future sells the property the husband will get 1/2 of the proceeds of the sale. I understate that. But I do not understand that the property was...

Cashflow Real Estate investing [ 10 Answers ]

I have a goal this year to purchase one investment property in Northern California where I live. I have found a broker who says he can help me find a cashflow investment with 100% financing. To me this is exactley what I want but seems to good to be true, especially in today's real estate market....

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

View more questions Search