Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniebaker2005 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Drowning here
    We have a judgment against us for past medical bills - a time when I was originally covered by Medicaid and then for a year without insurance. Until three months ago, I never received bills for the medical visits from when I had Medicaid because the hospital billed directly to Medicaid. Thus, we just found out that Medicaid did not pay the bills. In the interim, we just received a court ordered wage garnishment on my husband's paycheck which already is cut in half due to child support, 25 % per pay period will now be withdrawn from his paycheck above the child support to cover the past medical bills. We can't afford this.

We already had planned on filing for bankruptcy on medical bills but we are not sure if we can include the court ordered garnishment as well.

Please advise. We've nothing left and we are drowning fast.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 05:11 PM
    The balance left can be included, your filing bankrutpcy should give you a stay on the garnishment. Your attorney will be able to explain all of this to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drowning in Credit card debt [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am 75 yrs old and my wife is 65 yrs old. I have accumulated a credit card debt of $130,000.00 these cards are in my name and not my wife's name, in fact she was not aware of much of my debt, do to a gambling problem. I am unable to continue payment on my credit cards. I own a small...

I dreamt of drowning in my car in the sea. Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a dream in which I am driving my car to work and then I see my friend and she tells me that she has a dent in her car and the place we both were was surrounded by water, so when I tried to see my friend's car as I was told I did not realize that I forgot to put on the brake and kept going...

Really Need Your Insight and Help - Drowning in sadness [ 45 Answers ]

Well, here’s my story and I really need advice. I have seen the advice given on so many post here, and would be so grateful, if you would be so kind to read this and let me know what you think. I am married for 18 years. To a wonderful man. Caring, unselfish and shows concern for any pain or...

Drowning in Grief [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'll try to make this short... My grandmother raised me and we have always had a very special bond.I always knew I would take her death hard and even went so far as to tell her that when she died she would have to somehow come to me and let me know she was around.Well two weeks after we...

View more questions Search