Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jimmy Avon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Plant Care Money tree
    How does one care for A money tree. Watering, repoting, fertilizing Etc...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 06:01 PM
    We used to call them Jade Plant and they like to be root bound. Here is some info on your money tree:

The money tree also known as a jade tree is succulent which cannot tolerate over-watering. It is found in hot, dry areas which experience a huge drop in temperature at night. Though it rarely flowers indoors, but if given the right conditions, like the cacti, it can produce tiny star like flowers which are white/pink in colour. As a houseplant, they resemble miniature trees and require good light to grow though you should not expose a young plant to full sunlight. Because yours is fully grown direct exposure to sunlight shouldn't hurt. Allow the soil to dry completely in between waterings and do not spray mist the plant. Under-watered succulents will have 'crinkled' leaves and over-watered ones will start to turn soft and yellow and start to drop. Because your leaves are crinkled and drooping you may need to water it more. Use a fertilizer specially formulated for cacti/succulents. This plant propagates easily with leafs planted with the bottom end in soil. This plant like all succulents is prone to mealy bug attack.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Well, I don't know how to care for one, but if you have any seeds and can get it to grow with bountiful harvests, I'd like to have some seeds. Ha ha, I too agree it is sometimes called a Jade tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plant care [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three year old peace lily. The last couple of weeks the leaves have been droopy and even after watering and fertilizing, the leaves still remain droopy. I have checked for spider mites and checked the pot to see if the plant is root bound or has root rot but neither seem to be occurring. ...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

How to care for an indoor plant for dummies. [ 7 Answers ]

I just received a potted plant for my birthday. As there is no sun out this time of year. I was wondering how to care for this beautiful plant so that is stands the test of time. It's a hacineath (I have no clue how to spell this), tulips, and daisy combo in a pot. Thank you for any and...

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

What type of tree to plant [ 3 Answers ]

I live in So. California, 5 miles inland, Would like to plant a tree in my backyard, it needs to grow straight up for awhile, and then out, umberella like, for shade, Any suggestions?

View more questions Search