Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Feb 25, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Putting photos on a DVD
    OK, I don't know if this is possible or not so I'll ask.

My mom's big 5-0 is coming up and I want to make her a DVD to show at her surprise bash.

I have a digital camera that does video and think I know how to transfer that to DVD, but I was wanting to scan in some photos of her as a child and put them on the DVD at the beginning or end. Is there anyway to do this? I know I could videotape them, (I tried) and they were okay... but wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks all!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Here's a product that does a DVD slideshow of photos.
    Roxio PhotoSuite 8 - Photo Editing - Overview

I need to do the same thing, I'm looking for a piece of freeware that will do it. I'll check tomorrow and post back here if I have the time.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Cool! If you have a Windows computer then Movie Maker can do the job. Here's a site with a video tutorial to boot!
    Windows Movie Maker Photo Slideshow Tutorial - Jake Ludington's Digital Lifestyle
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Feb 25, 2008, 05:11 PM
    If you have a MAC consider using iDVD and iMovie.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Corel Photo Album 6 can do similar things.

It can create a slide show on a CD that can play on some DVD players or any PC without software installed. It's called a VCD or Video CD and can play in SOME DVD players on televisions. The VCD also "plays" on windows. Unfortunately the VCD won't play on my DVD player.
    cssulliv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K_2
    OK, I don't know if this is possible or not so I'll ask.

My mom's big 5-0 is coming up and I want to make her a DVD to show at her suprise bash.

I have a digital camera that does video and think I know how to transfer that to DVD, but I was wanting to scan in some photos of her as a child and put them on the DVD at the beginning or end. Is there anyway to do this? I know I could videotape them, (I tried) and they were okay......but wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks all!
    Scan the photos using a regular flatbed scanner and then insert them into the dvd slide show using Windows Movie Maker which is already installed on most versions of the windows operating system. If not here is the link, Windows Movie Maker: How to use

You can combine photos, video, and music files to create your gift.
    aneangel22 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Muvee auto producer. I did the same thing for my grandpa's funeral and EVERYONE loved it! I think the program is around $50 or so, but it's sooooo worth it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to copy photos onto a CD or DVD-R [ 3 Answers ]

I downloaded photos from our Canon digital camera onto the Dell 8250 computer. I can print and edit from there, but when I try to save them onto a disc it always gives the message "there is no disc in drive(e)". I have tried CD-R and DVD-R and tried 6 different new discs in case it was a bad...

Putting movie onto dvd with errors [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make a dvd can anyone help I have a dvd player to watch the movies I use Roxi which works fine and I have the decrytor and shrinker plus Imgburn I have downloaded a movie in MPG and it plays well but when I go to make a dvd or do anything it says invalid or unsupported image file...

View more questions Search