Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 14, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justice213
    i havent ran this much this week so i feeling pretty down and fat because of it. i feel like goin on steriods or something to make me defined hahaha but that would just make me stocker and wont help me with becoming skinner and defined... u think i should lay off the protien powder till ive lost the weight and than go back on.. i havent been eatin much and that has been helping me get right amount of protien. i dunno if ive asked about that yet sorry if i have and this i secound time.. my protien powder has little fat in it but im wonder if it be smarter to have it once ive lost alot of weight
    That's a good point. Stay away from the protein powder. Work on losing weight first. So what type of activities are you doing to loose weight? As well what is your diet? Post this to your thread and we can pick it apart for you and help you out. It's great to see you very concern about the issue. I don't know if you intended it to be a joke about the steroids but it would be beneficial if you didn't. Anyway please get back to us.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 06:20 PM
    You don't need steroids, and as far as the protein powder, you can lay off that for the time being, but the reason you may be feeling down is because you say your not eating much, or right!
    This is absoutely the wrong thing to do it you want to lose weight and are trying to get into a workout program. You need to eat a minimum of 1,000--1200 calories or you rish your body going into starvation mode, which means your body starts hoarding every calorie, when your intake is too low it slows up your metabolism and makes it that much harder to lose weight. It only takes small reductions in your caloric intake, like reduce your calories by 10-15%, this will help you protect lean muscles and it won't slow up your metabolism. The biggest tip I have is, Eat Breakfast--with 8 oz. of water and some complex carbs, lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, cukes, broccoli, tomatoes, onions,( veggies), oat bran bread, oatmeal, brown rice, multigrain bread, yogurt, skim milk, grapes, apples, pears, strawberries, oranges, potatoes, lentils, chickpeas. Just a couple of examples, Your metabolism increases every time you eat, smaller meals, more frequently throughout the day is the key to making your metabolism work for you. Eat every 4-5 hours, eat protein with every meal, 3 oz. of lean meats, fish skinless chicken, turkey, along with veggies, and some fruit. Believe it or not, if you eat your going to feel better and it will help you feel motivation enough to work out. So don't give up now!
    justice213 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Yeah I'm jkin on the steroids okay love lesspa so your saying to take the protein powder? And just to let you guys know id wake up have vitamins maybe an orage make some eggs or just have some ceral with grape fruit and with that my protein drink with milk 1 percent or water is this not the best idea to lose weight adding the protein drink or is this good because I'm getting the right amount of protein. I ususaly have my protein drink right when I wake up with my breakfest and than right after I work out so maybe 1 2 times a day. In my protein ill have milk banna yourgot and blend. Should I stop with this drink? Thanks again

Apr 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
    I still feel so ugly though. Like I'm feeling unconfident that I won't lose my fat or the fat in my face... I want to lose my cheeks so bad but I haven't seen them fading. People have said they seen results in my stomach but just like close friends trying to cheer me up that's what I think.. I don't see any though. I get down to the point where I don't even like pictures being taking of myself because I think they ugly and always turn out to be bad.people say I'm ugly all the time but they say they joking and don't take it so hard but I think its true... I feel like I need a hole new face life to be happy or be a tottly different person. I'm not happy with the way I turned out to be honest I always wake up wishing I was someone else but that never happen.

May 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Inregards to my last post."feeling misrabel"
    My lost post was probably shut down but for all of you that were helping me before thanks a lot. I'm down to 171 and wegight 183 around there before I'm up to running for an hour now sometimes more I usually go to the gym after I work work out than run and run in the morning during my days off.yes I am feeling a lot better but I have my dad and other people saying ill never get cutt I don't have the body type its genetics. Witch puts me in the dumps thinking I never will. But I like going to the gym if it takes me 2 years I guess ill have to do it I'm determened to.im even thinking of taking fitness at the collage to be an instructor I injoy going to the gym. But I guess back to my question if I continue working out the way I am will I get cut or do I need to run more. Sometimes I don't get the running in because I'm busy from work and all or my legs swore but id get in like 4 5 days a week running.theres so much stuff on TV like rapid cuts and all that I'm so tempted to take it haha but I'm sure it doesn't help just bad for your body... what do those do for you I'm curious.. but thanks again for the help:)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Vary your exercise program, use resistance training, aerobics, as well as jogging, walking, running,if your slightly sore your having a good workout, if your really sore, rest, you don't have to work out every day to see results, try every other day. You need to have a program that targets the entire body. As well as getting the right nutrition. You don't necessarily need Protein powder, Protein comes from lean cuts of meats, skinless chicken, turkey breast, turkey or fish, 3 oz, per meal. This alsong with some veggies and fruit with each meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bsc useless? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am Aditi from Mumbai and I have just completed my Hsc Board Exams.After lot of thinking I have decided to take Bsc in Biotechnology as genetics is one subject that interests me a lot.But people say that Bsc has no value at all . Is it so ?

What should I do after going to the principle? [ 43 Answers ]

:confused: today its my worst day ever . First of all I got detention (not the only one , with 6 other people ) my school usually finished at 2:30 but I got detantion till 2:50 after I got out of the detention room I went to my locker and I found everything missed up my cell phone(pink , razer 3vc...

Useless Constitutional Law? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm talking about the president's not being allowed to declare war without Congressional consent and his getting around that by simply not declaring war and going to war anyway. If it's that easy to get around it why not trash the law altogether since it certainly isn't saving lives or hindering...

Help me please I'm going crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK you well I still like my ex he broke up wit me, because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.and I've told him the whole story and the misunderstanding that he had so we have talked and do still sometimes. But the prob is I still really love him and all my friends want me to bac out wit...

It's weird and useless but please try! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. for many years I've been wanting to wear a chain in my neck. But when I did after 1h ++ my neck began to itch and itch really bad until I would scratch my skin open and infect it. Not so long ago I found in an old box in my house, a cream called ''spectro gluvs - skin irritant protection...

View more questions Search