Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeathRiddles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:41 PM
    How can you know if employer will verify?
    Is there any way to tell in advance whether an employer will attempt to verify an applicant's education/degrees? Is there a standard for this practice, particularly among municipal employers?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Typically they do. And especially for government jobs. They have a LOT of bearcat time on their hands.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 05:13 AM
    Hi, Health,
    I am retired, from manager, supervisor, and some hourly work jobs over the last many, many years.
    Typically, companies check your resume. They will look over your educational degrees, references, past work experience, calling past bosses, and/or non-work references. I have known them to even call a university, checking on the Degrees.
    I do wish you the best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Job
    There is no way to tell, of course any job that requires certification, licence, bonding and most government positions will require it.

Also most large firms that have professional HR departments will also.

Often the smaller firms who pay less and the boss is also the person who interviews, hires and gives his secretary the paper work may not.

Also remember if you lie on an application and you get hired, if they find out about the lie even two or three years down the road, out you go.

If you don't have a degree, don't lie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosed By Employer- Please Help [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first post. Please excuse any errors. I am in Central Illinois I have been in the plumbing and heating wholesale supply business all my life ( approx 30 years) I had an opportunity to work for a manufacture's representative who had very good lines, quit my job and went to work for...

W-2 and unexpected 1099 from the same employer [ 7 Answers ]

I was working with an employer on H1b as full time. Employer also paid me re-imbursements (substantial amount) for my expenses during the year as expenses. I had got W-2 from my employer and now the employer has sent me 1099-Misc for the expenses re-imbursements. Is it legal? Why he did not tell...

Issue with a former employer... [ 4 Answers ]

I recently decided to change jobs. The company that I left had hired me through an employment service. I signed an agreement at the time to re-imburse the employer 50% of the fee he paid if I left before 12 months. I did indeed leave before 12 months after giving the owner an almost 3-week...

Employer paid too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter...

View more questions Search