Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
    The Mark of the Beast, what does it mean?
    "Nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. Here is where wisdom comes in: Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man's number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six."—Revelation 13:17, 18.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:33 AM
    In 2000+ years has that number ever appeared anywhere on a wild beast/human?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I don't know, do you? But what has that to do with what it means?
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:51 AM
    So it is uniquely related to the end of times?
    Some have make the link between that and RFID implants which in my opinion is ludicrous.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:00 PM
    I agree, that is simply another fanciful and contrived interpretation, and is very different from what the Bible itself says about the mark of the beast.

Since it is a defining attribute of the beast it seems to me the beast must first be identified.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:08 PM
    I thought everyone(and I mean all believers and non-believers alike) would know when the beast appeared and will not have to guess if it was the one?

EDIT:::
    Oh wait!
    Is the beast the same as the anti-christ?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    In 2000+ years has that number ever appeared anywhere on a wild beast/human?
    Lol, I heard people associate people with 3 crowns with 666, so if that's what its represented as then yes
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I thought everyone(and I mean all believers and non-believers alike) would know when the beast appeared and will not have to guess if it was the one?

EDIT:::
    Oh wait!
    Is the beast the same as the anti-christ?
    The anti-Christ only offers another puzzle doesn’t it?

People for the longest of times have attributed characteristics and habits of animals as a figurative or symbolic sense to persons, peoples, governments, and organizations.
    Certain major world powers of history as well as other nations have used animals as symbols of their governments. In Egypt, the serpent figured prominently, the uraeus, the sacred asp, appearing on the headdress of the Pharaohs. However, Egypt was also represented by the bull, as was Assyria. Medo-Persia used the eagle (the shields of the Medes bore the golden eagle.

But for my purpose I will turn to the Bible for the answer; in particular the books of Daniel and revelation. That the beasts described in these books represent political kingdoms or governments, exercising rulership and authority, is clearly stated. (Da 7:6, 12, 23; 8:20-22; Re 16:10; 17:3, 9-12) A consideration of the Biblical passages reveals that, while these political ‘wild beasts’ vary in symbolic form, yet all have certain characteristics in common. All are shown as standing in opposition to God’s rule by the Messianic Kingdom over mankind.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    lol, i heard people associate people with 3 crowns with 666, so if thats what its represented as then yes
    So who has had 3 'crowns'?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
    So who has had 3 'crowns'?
    Well I do, for 1 and yes I was teased about it, but there's not just me loads of people have 3 crowns.

(quick question since you put crowns in inverted commas I was just wondering if you knew what I was on about)
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Haha, no I didn't but now I do. I'm slower than usual today it seems. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Haha, no I didn't but now I do. I'm slower than usual today it seems. :)
    Happens to the best of us :)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 26, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Leave it to some folks to derail a serious discussion! Are they uncomfortable with the implications? As to the 666, Hebrew and Latin both use letters for numbers. There have been several men in history whose names added up to 666 in one or the other of these languages. They were not the Beast nor THE anit-christ. It's not likely that this future world figure will be known before the rapture of the Church. (Go ahead and laugh, but time will prove you wrong) I believe that those taking the mark, whatever form it may be in, will have full knowledge of what they are doing. What I mean is that it is most unlikely that one could take that mark in ignorance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Hello:

It's a made up reason for Christians to go on a killing spree. I think they said the Jews had that mark... Yup, they DID say that.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Hay Excon, did you lose your way:p

It appears to me that it is Governments that go on killing sprees, or an allegiance of false religion and government. The “Beast” and “Caesar”
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

It's a made up reason for Christians to go on a killing spree. I think they said the Jews had that mark..... Yup, they DID say that.

excon
    Rev 6:9-10
    9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    (KJV)

During that time, it will be the Christians who will be killed en masse. Those who are looking for the return of Jesus will be taken out of the world before this time, BUT, there will be a multitude of people world wide who will accept Jesus as lord and reject the anti-christ. These will be murdered.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
    The mark of the beast is quite symbolic as are most of the scriptures in Revelation.

The political factions and governments plus the false Christian religions that make up Christendom is the beast. The attempts of "one world currency" and attempts to unify all nations against their will in order to propagate their corrupt agenda is the number that denotes the beast.

Consider a quote from a publication of Christian witnesses:

"Six, as a number, is associated with God's enemies. A Philistine man of the Rephaim was of "extraordinary size", and his "fingers and toes were in sixes." (1 Chronicles 20:6) King Nebuchadnezzar erected a golden image 6 cubits in breadth and 60 cubits high, to unify his political officials in one worship. When God's servants refused to worship the image of gold, the king had them thrown into a fiery furnace. (Daniel 3:1-23) The number six falls short of seven, which stands for completeness from God's standpoint. Therefore, a triple six represents gross imperfection".

John in Revelation says that it "is a man's number" not spiritual so the name helps to confirm that the wild beast is earthly, symbolizing human government. The world's political wild beast rules supreme under the name-number 666 while the big politics, big false religion and big business keep that wild beast functioning as an oppressor of mankind and a persecutor of God's people.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
    During the reign of the anti-Christ everyone will be forced to have the mark on their hand or forehead in order to buy or sell. This mark is thought to be by many the micro chip which will be inserted into the hand and foreheads of people. The micro chip will contain a person's identity like SS#, driver's license # bank acc # credit card numbers e.t.c SO instead of carrying your debit card to go to wall mart, they can just scan your arm. This was told to me in the early 90's and thought it was a stretch but now with technology advancing, I can definitely see how this can be facilitated.
    They have already started to insert these micro chips in children in and dogs in coutries like Japan
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Sassy,
    You probably are referring to this: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Mondex Biochips
    Or this: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Real ID Act

On a related note: if your country forces you to get a microchip then flee that country.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 6, 2008, 02:13 PM
    sassy,
    You probably are referring to this: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Mondex Biochips
    Or this: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Real ID Act

On a related note: if your country forces you to get a microchip then flee that country.

Well according to the Bible there will be one world government so where would you flee to?
    Mars?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mark 7:31-36 [ 8 Answers ]

How does this verse impact our lives

About the whole chip thing with the mark of the beast. [ 33 Answers ]

Is that what they are making now and starting to use on animals? What are th consequences of accepting it?:eek:

Beauty and the beast type TV show from the eighties [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a TV programme from the 80s which was a bit like beauty and the beast and the lion like dude like lived in the sewers under New York and I think he fought crime. I've been racking my brains but I can't think of the name cheers!

View more questions Search