Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rowenaturner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 09:48 PM
    How far do you copper repipe? From floor to showerhead
    We did a whole house copper repipe and installed a Bosch tankless. We have not been able to get consistent water temperature. It goes from very hot to very cold to hot and is unpredictable. We changed all the pipes (from main street to floor up to the second floor). We did not change the pipes from the floor to the faucets or showerheads. Could this be the problem? We don't believe we have crossovers. But, we still have the old pipes close to the faucets and showerheads. We have not a consistent shower in weeks.

Any suggestions? Is it the tankless water heater? Our contractor says "it will work itself out". I don't think so... :mad:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Since you hired a contractor you should stay on his case until it is resolved, I would not accept an answer that it will work itself out. I never see plumbing issues that fix themselves, well almost never. Do not pay him and you'll see how this helps things work out. If you can reach those pipes I'd cahnge them but I doubt that they are causing your probablems. Do ALL faucets have the same hot water variation or the shower?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 10:31 PM
    When you read the original post you can't help asking:

1) Where are the inconsistent temperatures? All fixtures, shower fixture?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Any suggestions? Is it the tankless water heater? Our contractor says "it will work itself out". I don't think so...
    Your contractor is blowing smoke up your skirt. Bob's right! Plumbing problems don't just "work themselves out" they temd to get worse. It's not the older pipes that's causing the problem. One of two things is happening here. Either the plumber left you with a "crossover" or you have a faulty tankless heater. Call the lazy contractor and make hime do the job right. Don't loet him stall you until the warranty, (you did get one didn't you?) runs out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repipe or reline pipes? [ 28 Answers ]

I'm a lady who lives alone and knows nothing about plumbing but I've been getting estimates and it's so confusing. I will appreciate any help. My house is 24 years old with galvanized pipes. It's 1300 sq ft. with 2 baths, 1 kitchen sink, washer, and dishwasher. I've had three pin hole leaks in...

Copper joints under non-removeable sub-floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We are plumbing a new bathroom with 1/2" copper. A friend advised me to avoid joints in the copper under the sub-floor where they could not be accessed if they leak. (The sub floor will have tile over it when finished). My plumber says this should not be a concern and we can have a 'T'...

How to plug leaking oil heat copper lines at floor level [ 1 Answers ]

Copper supply and return lines (1/2" copper) remain from a removed oil heater. The 3' lines are cracked at the concrete floor level and weep oil when moved. What is the best way to seal these lines at floor level? I have thought of using a wooden or metal plug, solder or epoxy. Since the lines...

Copper vs plastic pipes to repipe an apartment building? [ 2 Answers ]

A proposal has been made to owners of our apartment building to repipe using copper pipes. Assessments are around $5,500 for a 960 sq condo. The building has 107 suites. Location: Vancouver, BC. Canada. We are trying to find out if there is a cheaper alternative. Ingrid009

Copper Repipe [ 4 Answers ]

I'm considering to copper repipe my home. The existing plumbing is galvanized pipe which are beginning to leak. I'm in the process of getting estimates for the job. What important questions should I ask the contractor when they're providing their estimate? Thank you.

View more questions Search