Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
    "needs a break" and etc questions
    I think that it would be a good idea for a comprhenesive set of stickies (or a single sticky), for each of the following very common questions.
    "she/he needs a break, what do i do?"
    "how do i make him/her love me?"
    "im cheating"
    "my best friend is going out with my ex"
    "hes 17 and im 12"

I have noticed that they are incredibly common, and that it would be a good idea to place some stickies dealing with these subjects that have a clear, noticeable title, and good advice on those situations.
    e.g, people have had to tell people why it isn't a good idea to go out with someone way too old for you about a hundred times, so I reckon it's a good idea to create a sticky for that or include it in a general "FAQ Relationship questions" sticky.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Also, "I need some time."

Feb 24, 2008, 09:01 PM
    True! Another one is "he/she is married and im single"
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Also, "am I pregnant?"

Feb 24, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Yes! There should be a sticky telling you about how to know if you are pregnant, basically lists the signs/symptoms, how to find out, also with advice, and a detailed list of what options are available and things you should consider before having a child or aborting etc.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 24, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Will these stickies mean that people can no longer ask those questions as separate topics?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused25
    Will these stickies mean that people can no longer ask those questions as separate topics?
    I wouldn't think so because each situation is unique.

Feb 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
    They would just be something for them to read to better understand, and then they post their individual specific problem for further specific advice I reckon.
    Also remember these stickies are just an idea so far, we got to wait for people to agree to put them together and make them stickies.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 24, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Well if the stickies are just used for informational purposes, like explaining how to know if you are pregnant, then I'm all for it. I was a little hesitant because I've been to other online forums (this one is the best) where once they place a sticky, then all conversations regarding that topic must take place within the sticky, or the topic is deleted. That I don't particularly like because then the forum loses that personal touch that we all offer to each different question (even though a lot of them are similar).

Feb 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
    There are forums like that? Wow, that's horrible.
    I've seen forum fascism before, but nothing that horrible lolz.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Well, when the question "am I pregnant?" is posted with no other information (age, circumstances, birth control or lack of it), it's kind of hard to look into her eyes and read into her soul.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Actually we have some good stickys already, and to many destroys the personal touch, but the two we have are good things to read, and ask personal questions from. They are compilations of many threads.

Feb 26, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Hmm true, though the existing ones only talk about breaking up am I right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

9 month relationship, 1 week break, she wants to "start over" [ 34 Answers ]

All the threads about this relationship have been merged First off, I am a 28 y/o male. My ex is 26 y/o. We have dated about 9 months. Throughout the beginning of the relationship, she would almost every month go through these "we're not right for eachother" things, which began to wear on me....

"Taking a break conv."? Can someone decrypt girl code? [ 7 Answers ]

so my question is about a conv. Me and I guess know my ex had about 6-days ago, a conversation I knew was coming but was dreading at the same time, I had dated her for 8months (well the next day after this conv. Would have been 8 months, I'm a senior in high school btw) A little back ground might...

View more questions Search