Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Altenweg:

I think the rules about paying has changed a little bit... it may have a lot to do with where I go to school + just the overall people that live around my city.

I go to an almost-ivy league school... with a lot of rich kids (typical parking lot @ school: bmw... range rover.. bmw... mercedez... aston martin?. porsche... bmw... bmw... lotus... )

So it's a bit typical that the guy pays @ my school. Sad.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 09:46 PM
    At my sons school it was the boys parents that had to pay,
    They would buy them a brand new bmw... range rover.. bmw... mercedez... aston martin?. porsche... bmw... bmw... lotus... )
    And the kid would go out and total it right off the bat and the parents still making the payments on a totaled car.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Aww, Sneezy, if I was young and single I'd take you out on a date and go Dutch. Really, I would. :)

I guess the rules have changed since I was dating. Maybe agree to pay for the first date and then play it by ear. You definitely don't want to date someone who always expects you to pay.

Either way, good luck, have fun and mostly, be yourself.:)
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    yeah...I mean, we laugh about it, but think about it from the poor girl's point of view...she's probably crushed. (hope I'm not jabbing into you west). I hope she learns from this however.

so...4 dates huh west? congrats.
    I mean, it was really nice to hear all that from someone, but to me it just seemed so meaningless, almost like a stranger said it... I think she may have wanted to take things a bit further and wasn't sure how to do it, and I'm even sure if I want another relationship so soon. I don't really think of myself so highly as to actually be able to "crush" someone. I mean, in terms of looks, I'm pretty decent, but I don't think I'm too much above average... but I guess my winning personality and adorable smile can cause some ladies to melt. (I kid) I don't know, she told me that she's had 3 long term boyfriends before, (the longest being 1year) and I guess our views on love are different. We went out the 3rd, the 7th, the 10th and the 13th... they were pretty good times, nothing spectacular, but fun. I only planned two of the dates, she called and set up the rest... maybe she's just in a hurry, as for me, I like to take my sweet old time in almost everything I do.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Yeah... the dating world's expensive @ my school.

Sadly, I'm not one of those bmw-driving kids... I worked for 2 years in high school to get my acura... which I love.

... I usually pay for 3 dates (if it goes that far)... but usually a typical date costs about $60 - 100... so yeah. I need to shop around for a budget girlfriend.. . ebay anyone?

Mar 13, 2008, 09:57 PM
    yeah...the dating world's expensive @ my school.

sadly, I'm not one of those bmw-driving kids...I worked for 2 years in high school to get my acura...which I love.

...I usually pay for 3 dates (if it goes that far)...but usually a typical date costs about $60 - 100...so yeah. I need to shop around for a budget girlfriend. ...ebay anyone?
    60-100$ wow!

Where are you taking these girls!
    I think all 4 dates with needy girl combined cost about 70$
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:02 PM
    ... where am I taking these girls?

Where are YOU taking these girls?! 70!?

Well... usually, I have a go-to restaurant in the city... runs about $20 - 30 an entrée. my favorite restaurant actually. Then dessert... another go-to place... $10 on a dessert entrée... so yeah.

Typical date goes... dinner + dessert... or some event + dessert...

... yeah I see where I'm messing up with this. Good call.
    Pets Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Sneezy - Maybe it's time to date someone that doesn't go to your school.:rolleyes:

$100/date. Wow, I'm glad I'm married and don't have to date anymore, I'd never survive.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Gee sneezy I am old and single so I will take Altenwegs place cause I never had a guy buy me anything better than a Bob Evans chicken platter.
    Pets Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
    NoHelp - You're lucky, a chicken platter? Like a whole platter of chicken? Wow, and I thought super sizing my fries was sweet.:p

Mar 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
    ...where am I taking these girls?

where are YOU taking these girls?!? 70!??

well...usually, I have a go-to restaurant in the city...runs about $20 - 30 an entree. my favorite restaurant actually. then dessert...another go-to place...$10 on a dessert entree...so yeah.

typical date goes...dinner + dessert...or some event + dessert...

...yeah I see where I'm messing up with this. good call.
    1st date: pool hall and coffee 10$

2nd date: dinner and a movie 50$

3rd date: lunch at my house, (mommy's house) grilled cheese sandwiches (<3) FREE

4th date: tacos at an amazing local taco chain 10$
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
    No just a small portion and talk about going dutch
    The platter had to go dutch.
    I liked the drumstick and the bite of potato I got.
    Well the super size came with my kids.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
    DID somebody say

POOL HALL AND TACOS

I love you too
    When we going
    I have 15.00 to spare!!

Mar 13, 2008, 10:14 PM
    Lets go right now... its only 1:15am here
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatewestseneca
    lets go right now.... its only 1:15am here
    :D
    Its 1:15 here too!

Mar 13, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Take notes Sneeze... tacos are the true way to a woman's heart. Trust in the taco, and all life's questions can be answered.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:23 PM
    ... I got to get off campus and meet these girls who're down for "pool hall and tacos"

... my past few dates

1. martinis and imax at the local museum: $30 for tix, $20 for martinis, $10 for appetizer
    Dessert: $10 for dessert, $15 for coffee
    $85 total.

2. dinner @ my go-to restaurant: $65
    Dessert: $15
    $80 total.

3. "broadway" show at a theater: $80 for tix
    Dinner/dessert: $75
    $155

... looking @ my credit card statement at the end of the month while tying a noose with my shoelaces.. priceless.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Sneeze with that kind of money, you should be making your own rules.
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Tal - I had to spread the love otherwise I would have given you a greenie.:)

You've got it right, there are no rules when you're spending that kind of money.

Sneezy - If you want to meet women that are content to play pool and eat taco's, come to Canada. I have a few nice single friends that I think would be perfect for you. Just say the word and I'll make a few calls.;)
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 07:35 AM
    There is a nice little beach bar (on the Ohio River LOL) near my house
    That I like going to. Food and drinks are expensive so I just buy one or two
    Exotic summer night (drinks) and nurse them until the band is done playing and
    Watch the boats go by.
    Night out alone go home alone
    $6.00 plus gas
    :D

I am my own cheap date!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do doctors make mistakes about conception dates and due dates? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand, can doctors be wrong about conception dates and due dates?

First dates [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, During my freshmen of high school I saw this girl. She was really beautiful,:) but I could never actually tell her. So now I'm a sophomore. Finally I told her how I felt. Now we talk every now and then. She knows that I that I don't have a girl yet. I've really been connecting with her,but...

Getting dates: I need help getting up the courage to break the ice [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 25 and single. I have had only two relationships in my life, one of 5 months and one of a year. I fell backwards into both of them, and both times the woman kind of took command and asked me out. Same deal with hook ups in college etc, I did very little work to get them. I want to start...

Dates, [ 2 Answers ]

If you have sex with 2 different people in the same week and became pregnant, obviously you couldn't be 100% sure as to what date you conceived. How many days or weeks or months can you be sure? Would 2 months be long enough?

Are these the right dates? [ 3 Answers ]

My partner and I have been trying for a baby for nearly seven months still with no luck.just recently we finally got the hang of working out my ovulation dates... hooray about time :) . My ovulation date for this month was July 20th if worked out right my last period was July 4th and there are 30...

View more questions Search