Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Feb 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Met a new nice guy
    I met a new nice guy one week ago, he is my classmate's brother,it seems we have the same feeling for each other! He ask me to go to his city and find a job there,as his family are there as well! I don't know what to do,it seems it goes too soon for me! But I really like him,and I think we will get married!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 06:46 PM
    How old are you?
    You just met this guy a week ago? This is way too soon. You may like him, but you don't even know him.
    bonny55 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 06:46 PM
    It sounds like you really care for this person, but this question is impossible to answer without knowing your age and how long you have been together. One thing I can say is that in the beginning of love everything feels right and like a great idea because your feeling for this person are the strongest. It's best to wait. You sound like college or high school since he is a classmate? If high school I say NO WAY JOSE. You are still finding yourself and as much as you think you know its bullshet (no offence). I loved someone so much I thought nothing would pull us apart. Lived together straight from high school and started our lives. 6 years later she wanted to cut my throat and I wanted to drowned her. Things change and most importantly people do. I would say I won't change, stay true to myself. But part of being true to yourself is changing and finding out who you are. I'm a psychologist so I can tell you that as social people we assume roles like actors and actresses. We play the part of who we think we want to be and assume the roll, then when you think your on the right track to being the person you are, you find out your on the wrong train. If he cares for you enough he wouldn't never force you somewhere else pursue his career and be by his family. If you truly want to be together you will both sacrifice and put no one single priorities over another. This might be dribble and confusing but just think hard about it and don't go on impulse. If the rest of America would use this sense we wouldn't have a 50% higher divorce rate!
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Feb 25, 2008, 01:33 AM
    I am 25 years old,he is 28! We text messages text messages... every day,his family are very interested in me! And hope us to get married! He hopes I could go to his city,and then we have more chance to stay together,can meet every day.. and I am thinking about that!
    bonny55 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Then it looks like you have made up your mind. Good luck:)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 06:55 AM
    But you have only known this guy a week. It is an awful big move to relocate to where he is. I think you two should get together a few times before you make such a bold move.
    But it's your choice. Just be very careul.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 08:31 AM
    When you move to this city, please make sure you set up a complete life. If you wrap everything around this boy you've just met, if it falls apart (and you KNOW it could regardless of your feelings for one another) you will be in quite a spot.

• Other than this guy, who else in the city do you know?
    • You have any family nearby?
    • You will have your own place?
    • You will have an excellent job when you get there that has nothing connected to him or his family?
    • You can afford to do this financially?

If you can establish yourself as a fully indenpendent, self-reliant person in this new location, then it may be fine.

Meanwhile I'm in agreement with everyone else so far... you should not be moving this quickly in your mind or in your physical location. Feelings... well, EVERYONE you go out with you start with some sort of good feelings about, so even STRONG good feelings are still only that... feelings. They are not reality, they are not commitment, they are not proven history. Feelings are not truth. You have to date someone for quite some time to OBSERVE truth. It''s not something that is spoken.

Please be careful. This is your life you're playing with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This Guy I Met On the Bus [ 2 Answers ]

Hey. I met this guy like two days ago on the bus. We exchanged phone numbers and been talking ever since. He's fiifteen and I'm thirteen. This summer I had quite a bad experience with a boy which got my parents angry. Now, my parents don't really let me hang out after school except for volleyball...

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 6 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISHED LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUYS DO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice...

How can you tell if a guy you just met wants sex [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy about a year ago and have just recently went out on a first date with him a couple of weeks ago. We were both involved with someone (him with someone for a couple of months and me with someone for 8 years) I have gone out with him twice and the first time he called me for and the...

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 12 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISH LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUY SO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice Guy -...

This Guy I met [ 10 Answers ]

I decided to move, and pack all my stuff up and leave. So I did. I went to go visit my little sister who lives a few hours from where I live and in another state.. We have different parents... shes like my adopted sister... anyways on with the story... I went to go visit her and I have always...

View more questions Search