Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2006, 04:09 PM
    Lost two phisical hard drives
    I have 3 120 gigs hard drives divided in half, My drive with the OS and cd still workes but 2 phisical drives have been lost my PC can't find them they were there a hour before and no changes made to them I think it may be cables or controler how do I fix the latter or is there something I should look at?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Since both went at once, I'd first guess a cable issue.

Shut down, open er up, and disconnect and re-connect each one.

Try it and let us know if they're still not showing up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer with Windows ME installed on the slave drive,and I just installed Windows XP Home on the Master drive. What I would like to be able to do is use either OS I want. Rght now I can use the XP home OS but not the Windows ME OS. I can open the drive with Windows ME on it by going...

External hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem with my external hard drive. When it loads it will be created as drive (G) and it should be drive (F) all of my other hard drives default to (F) when loaded except one it go to (G). The software I use to access the information on the hard drive creates links like (F)...

Hard drives [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean my hard drive and reinstall windows and hardware. How Thanks Fred ? :-/

Running 2 hard drives [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a naïve when it comes to setting up computers, recently I acquired a computer with a fried motherboard but the hard drive is fine and I want to run both hard drives in my existing computer, one for the operating system and one for my junk that currently slows down my computer. I have...

Hard Drives [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question on SATA Hard Drives. I am planning on installing 1 SATA Drive, and I have 1 IDE drive also, I want to use, Which would be the Master, or can it be either, I know with IDE you use Slot 1 for Master and then if you want to have a slave. But with SATA I am not sure how that...

View more questions Search