Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Energy saying/quote
    Does anyone know what this saying actually means in relation to oil and renewable resources?

"it wasn't running out of stones that led to the end of the stone age"
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Well, people stopped using stone weapons/tools because better technology became available i.e. bronze.

They are relating to the fact that we shouldn't wait until we run out of oil to change to a better technology. However the analogy is not perfect. Bronze is better than stone in almost every way, but there are drawbacks to many of the alternatives to fossil fuels.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 04:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1
    "it wasn't running out of stones that led to the end of the stone age"
    In short this means that views, practices, habits, and/or periods can change irrespectively if they themselves are obsolete or not. There may be many outside reasons to change to other approaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1
    ... what (does) this saying actually means in relation to oil and renewable resources?
    That you do not have to (or should not) wait till you run out of "stones" (options or raw materials).
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Anyone know this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a quote the other day that I liked and now I forgot it and where I heard it. It goes something like this There's the truth... (something like opinions or lies), and (something to do with opinion census being worse than lies?) I'm sorry but I have very little info on it. There's 3...

What is the Origin of this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

"If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything.

Explain the following quote [ 1 Answers ]

One free man defending his home is more powerful than ten hired soldiers

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search