Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huskerbob Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Hot Tub Ozonator
    I have to replace all of the guts in the hot tub I acquired for "free", the Ozonator that was present also isn't working, and it is a metal box with nothing connecting the box to the waterline, and my neighbor's also has a simialr arrangement, just an outlet nodule with nothing attached to it. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 09:48 PM
    The ozonator is supposed to be inline with your circulation hoses and it sounds like its been isolated, probably for good reason. If you have the wires connected but it still doesn't light the bulb is likely burned out. Be careful with these lights, the light can damage your vision so ask lots of questions when you buy a new bulb. I would also verify that power is reaching the light bulb to insure you don't have a wiring problem or bad swicth.

Feb 25, 2008, 09:49 PM
    What do you mean by "isolated". And my neighbors is the same way. Is it possible for the ozone gas that is discharged by the unit and hanging around under the tub to be pushed into the water by the blower motor, or are both of our hot tubs missing tubing and a connector? His was serviced last June, could the serviceman overlooked this as well as the installer?

Feb 26, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Bob, I can't say I've worked on every type of hot tub so it may be possible that your system works differently than mine. My ozonator is a UV light bulb in a tube where the water flows through the tube. Maybe you can get more info by surfing the website of the manufacturer. Ozonator generate ozone by breaking up an oxegen molecule and then combining the molecules into a larger form. Ozone must be injected into the water so you need a tube somewhere from your ozonator. Spa ozonator installation guide & instructions for ozonators in hot tubs.

Feb 26, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Thanks Ballengerb1, it looks as though there is no tube connecting my metal ozonator (and I can't imagine water going through it somewhere as it would leak), and the water lines. There must have been something overlooked.

Feb 26, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Overlooked or disconnected because it wasn't working. You did get it free, remember.

Feb 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Oh yeah!! Actually is was disconnected-I found a hose far from the front entrance that actually had the words ozone printed on it, the hose end had a piece of proken conector on the end of it, and I followed it to a connection to a pipe that feeds into the bottom of the tub. Thanks for all your help! :)

Feb 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
    You may still have a burnt out bulb if you can't see the blue glow through the little view port, again watch your eyes.
    tpmk091120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Water is in my ozonator air line now what?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 23, 2010, 04:44 PM

For step by step instructions on how to install your Ozonator click on: Spa ozonator installation guide & instructions for ozonators in hot tubs.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot tub [ 1 Answers ]

Does a hot tub have to be level to run the jets?

No hot water from tub faucet; all others - very hot [ 2 Answers ]

Every hot water faucet in my house produces scalding hot water. EXCEPT the upstairs tub/shower. From that faucet we only get lukewarm water. Why? What should be replaced? bradsmithmm

View more questions Search