Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecpa1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Too dark to lighten
    Hi, everyone. Just a brief description of myself. I am african with a mixture of black and brown complexion. My arms are brown/dark brown as wll as my legs and chest. But my torso, neck, back and face are black (almost jet black). My nose and central areas of my face are brown though. Before embarking on any lightening regime, I was just curious to know if lightening actually works for black-skinned people? I don't want to attain extreme lightening just something closer to the dark brown around the rest of my body. Thanks
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 26, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Lightening works
    Lightening works!!

I don't think anyone is "too dark" to lighten, it's just going to take your skin a little longer to start and see results.

I'd try a skin lightening lotion. If you don't mind using hydroquinone Fair and White has lotions for a good price and they are large bottles.

17oz bottles I think and they are not expensive.

http://www.safarimkt.com/fair_and_white.html

They do offer a hydroquinone free lotion as well.

Another lightening lotion to try is the one from Fair and Flawless.

http://www.fairandflawless.com/index.php

It's more expensive but seems to be a strong lotion and it's hydroquinone free.

The cheapest skin lightening lotion is one from Godiva skincare line.

http://www.godivaskincare.com/shoppi...tomer/home.php

It's hard to find lightening lotions for the body at all. Most products are for the face but more lightening body lotions are coming out now.

I think I'd try Godiva first. Most seem to think it works on Asian skin better than for African American skin but I'd give it a try anyway. You never know it just might work for you.

I'd try something light and work my way up to a stronger product. What do you think?
    ecpa1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Thanks for replying. I'm not as concerned about my body as I am about my face which is easily the darkest. I'd be worried about using hydroquinone though because I'v heard some really bad things about it. Fair and flawless sounds interesting. Strong but hydroquinone free sounds like a good combination. I guess the biggest thing will be patience. Sometimes when I look in the mirror and I stretch the skin on my face, I can see the brown underneath. Not sure if its normal for everyone to be lighter when they do that, but it does give me hope. As does the fact that the rest of my family have that brown tone so I assume its in my genes somewhere!

Thanks again. This is such a useful forum because skin problems can be such a burden mentally and emotionally sometimes. Its good that a place for advice like this is available.
    yolanda_lee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
    If you wish to whiten yourself all around, I suggest the ACTIVE WHITE L-GLUTATHIONE.. I use this for acne, at the same time its lightening my skin, my body, all around. I went from beige to ivory in 1 month. In fact, I over bought this product, so I have 3 packages available. If anyone want to buy it, just let me know.

BTW.. I have tried GODIVA before, it didn't work very well. It made my skin oily which lead to more breakouts! Errr..
    cherry1st Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2006, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda_lee
    If you wish to whiten yourself all around, I suggest the ACTIVE WHITE L-GLUTATHIONE.. I use this for acne, at the same time its lightening my skin, my body, all around. I went from beige to ivory in 1 month. In fact, I over bought this product, so I have 3 packages available. If anyone wanna buy it, just let me know.

BTW.. I have tried GODIVA before, it didnt work very well. It made my skin oily which lead to more breakouts! errr..

Hi can you give me more details about your pills please?:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What works to lighten skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have some dark spots on my face from acne scars and I also have very dark knees. There are so many creams out there I have no idea what to try. Has anyone ever used Ma Ma Lotion? I'm thinking about trying that. Does anyone have any suggestions of what will work fast?

How to lighten dark underarms [ 8 Answers ]

I heard about this cream that was used... I forgot what the brand was. It was sold in Manila, Philippines. If anyone knows about that. Please let me know. I think it cost PHP950 + shipping expenses. I'm looking for that. Or any other suggestions?

Lighten Dark Hair [ 5 Answers ]

Can I use a light brown permanent hair dye to lighten up a dark auburn semi-permanent job that I recently did to myself?

How to lighten but not go white! [ 1 Answers ]

Daggett and Ramsdell. Does anyone know anything about this product? Is it safe? I have dark skin. Not chocolate but carmel. I want to lighten but NOT whiten it! I still want to have some color, lol. Besides it would be obvious if I go white. I want to go one or a few shades lighte and for it not to...

View more questions Search