Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SunnyDaize22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 12:07 AM

I'm so speechless right now.
    Wonderful.
    Wikkid333 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 11:32 PM

There is a difference between being controlling and being in control. There is a difference between being dominant and being domineering.

The main problems with many break ups is that they focus on power and control, not unconditional love and compassion. These derive from unhealthy common paradigms of what relationships are about.

The problem with many relationships and the common ideas and phrases we use about them is that they are based on controlling or manipulating people or owning them. They refer to a lack of self-control and focus on controlling someone else or being controlled by someone else. "Falling in love" or "my better or other half" implies a lack of control and low-self esteem.

Women want a man who tells it like it is and has a stronger reality than them and when your reality is based on LOVE, not neediness or control, men will make women far happier.

Relationships are a one day at a time thing. We get into them with the intent of the long term or to see what we can learn from one until it is no longer appropriate with that person. Relationships are a learning experience and if they become no longer appropriate, we need to accept the other person for who they choose to be and how they choose to live their life. We need to wish them well and let them go. You can still be friends with them.

When we get "hurt" by break ups it's because we are choosing to be and it usually boils down to a low self-esteem, confusing neediness as love, being insecure or having other beliefs about relationships that imaginary and false. You get your security from self-love and self-acceptance.

Unconditional love means accepting people for who they are, but having enough love and dignity for yourself not to put up with people's games or abuse. People who are abused repeatedly, won't use their personal power to stop the abuse and won't leave a relationship because "they love the other person" are confusing neediness for love and do not have enough love for themselves to leave.

When we break up with someone, they deserve to know why, in case they want to learn something. Someone who doesn't tell you or avoids you, is usually scared but if they are too cold and manipative to tell you, they are doing you a favor by leaving you.
    jlove09 Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jun 13, 2009, 05:27 AM

Thanks. This site is definitely opening my eyes.
    frankydon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Ur comment was not only great but one of the missing positive smash to my literary concerns.I hope you can be more forth-coming on my future posts?
    U are a very patient person.
    Thanks for being there.

How can I upload my pix for you to see how I look?
    Have a great week ahead
    God bless
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Jun 28, 2009, 12:42 PM

Hi guys, I been falling back into regretting the breakup and been trying to think of ways to try to get her back. I realize I should not do this.

Just by reading this thread, it's helping me to don't fall back into the trap. Keeping No Contact and just putting the past behind. Be strong and live your life happy even being single.
    COCADA Posts: 65, Reputation: 8

Jul 8, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire View Post
    How to get him/her back..

Sometimes letting go allows you to see if it was worth holding on to.
    I am going to love myself enough to know that ignoring someone else issues is me settling.
    I love these, thank you .

Jul 8, 2009, 03:32 PM
    You are awesome allowing yourself to love another uncondtionally explains alot about your character, some ppl never have the oppurtunity to love like this.. To truly know what it means to love, and be loved.. You experienced it, you have changed someone's life whether you like to believe it or not and to be able to say those THREE words and mean it, are truly special... I hope that each day would get better for you, and who knows you can reconnect again at some point later in life, just don't make any hasty moves to destroy that give the space they ask for. I know I am with an ex 10 years later... I would have never in a million years would have imagined us to be together again.. but here we are whether we make it or not for another 10 years I am so thankful to love him again... We were able to rekindle our old flame because of the way we left eachother....
    I think that's awesome , to return with your ex after 10 yrs. Were you both OK when you first broke up? Were you in contact during those years? Tell me a little bit more about it , please.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 9, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by COCADA View Post
    I think that's awesome , to return with ur ex after 10 yrs. Were you both ok when you first broke up? Were you in contact during those years? Tell me a little bit more about it , please.

When we split, it wasn't any hard feelings, hurt yes because we loved each other but I just knew I couldn't wait for him, and I knew he wouldn't wait for me no contact for those 10 years. He got married, and I got married. I had two beautiful children from that marriage, and he had none. Long story short, we both got divorced.

He was living in NC, and I am in NJ, never would have thought we would ever see each other again. He moved up here to NJ for a job, and we pretty much ran into each other, been together ever since. We are married and we just had a beautiful son on April 11. I love him more now than I ever did before.

Jul 9, 2009, 09:37 AM
    When we split, it wasn't any hard feelings, hurt yes because we loved eachother but I just knew I couldn't wait for him, and I knew he wouldn't wait for me no contact for those 10 years. He got married, and I got married. I had two beautiful children from that marriage, and he had none. Long story short, we both got divorced.

He was living in NC, and I am in NJ, never would have thought we would ever see eachother again. He moved up here to NJ for a job, and we pretty much ran into eachother, been together ever since. We are married and we just had a beautiful son on April 11. I love him more now than I ever did before.

That is awesome, do you think a couple could get back together even after having a hard break up? Do you think that after so many years there could be flame form that relationship?
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 9, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by COCADA View Post
    That is awesome, do you think a couple could get back together even after having a hard break up? Do you think that after so many years there could be flame form that relationship?
    Anything is possible, as we can change and grow as individuals.

However, if the relationship was bad to an abusive point of view, I would hope no one wants to get back into any relationship of that nature whether it is verbal, or physical.

After time passes, not all goodbyes are forever. I do feel that people shouldn't wait though, or live their entire life wanting the person to come back. As I told you I moved on with my life after my divorce and after my break up.

Jul 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

That is so true, I think we're both very young still, I mean my ex and I, he was my first true love and I vented horribly with him after the break up, I just couldn't undertstand why he kept telling me that he loved but the we couldn't be together right now, that made me really mad and upset, because I always thought that when you truly love someone you at least try to make it work, and he just broke it up just like that, he tried to explain to me a million times that he loves me but that he can't be with me right know, we saw each other on weekends because we live around an hour away form each other. He said that it hust him not to be with me more time than that, and that's why he had to ended.

Here is my thread. I wold love some advice form you.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...le-373374.html
    carlson92 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2009, 02:23 AM

Besides the NC I'm going through, I'm following your advice as well jol. :)
    nithin1982 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 11:04 AM

I love this.. Great piece of writing.. Really meaningful..
    katlego31 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 02:47 AM

Great advice, I just got off a break up and I needed to hear this, but it is so hard to implement all this, how do you make them sink into your heart and mind?? For one to survive
    Lost_baby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 01:58 PM

Thanks jolie 4 your great advice I'll try 2 love myself more and know myself better
    --Charles-- Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2009, 08:30 AM

Well what if you change for the better, and yet they still dislike you? I changed but BECAUSE I became a better person she doesn't like me. Her own pride is getting in the way of accepting me now. Now what happens? Your screwed that's what happens. People need to move on, life is way to short to be gloomy for 5 months over a break up. Im having to deal with a break up too, and it was the best relationship and days of my life (at the start it was). I have to follow my own advice and get over the break up (no easy task).
    adventureman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 06:23 AM
    lol... well get to writing..
    Great insight!
    BARF Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2009, 03:07 AM

This was good. Its hard but eventually better for you in the long run :)
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Dec 8, 2009, 08:12 AM

Great insight and an incredibly deep subject. "getting your ex back" You (meaning me) are the one that have departed from yourself. Work on your own life to get "you" back. It is only then that you will be able to love again and be the person your partner needs.

My 3 year relationship was great up until the last 6 months. We spent too much time with each other and neglected to care for ourselves. We were constantly trying to change each other into what we wanted the other person to be. People need time and space. I believe in fate and that if something is truly meant to be yours for a lifetime, then it will be. Have to learn not to force anything. That just causes misery and what is that saying? Misery loves company? I miss her company to this day and it has just about been 2 months since the split. I violated the NC in the beginning but have been sticking to it for the last 3 weeks. Thanksgiving was really rough and Christmas is going to be even tougher. Stay strong my friends. You are blessed and highly favored!! Everything happens for a reason although you might not see it right away. This too shal pass
    Geiger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 02:24 PM

Lol great advice. He dumped me I find myself again, I now thank him for giving me the best moments of my life and letting me find myself again. He said he loved me for who I was, not for who I was pretending to be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Just got back with boyfriend of two years and he's back to doing the same thing that. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I of two yeas just got back together on new years eve... we broke up for exactly two months... now its been just two weeks and he's back to doing the same thing that caused the breakup in the first place... he doesn't call/answer/and barely texts me... he uses the excuse that...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Michael jordan back to back mvp how much is it worth [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how much the Michael jordan back to back mvp is worth. Any one please help1

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search