Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calgary_girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Airclimber 10 day diet
    If anyone has the airclimber I was wondering does the 10 day diet and exercise actually provide 10 pounds gone or 10 inches gone in 10 days
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
    ... there's no way you can lose 10 lbs in 10 days... and there's even less of a chance of losing 10 inches in 10 days.

Actually, I stand corrected. You CAN lose 10 lbs in 10 days... if you have malaria or dysentery.

2000 calories roughly equate to 1 lbs. If you take in 2000 calories a day, your body will burn those 2000 calories (give or take... depends on the person, their metabolism, size, height, how active they are, etc. but let's just go with the model)

If the person takes in 4000 calories a day, they'll burn 2000 calories (just by being active and being alive) and then the extra 2000 calories... they will gain 1 lb of weight.

To lose 10 lbs in 10 days, one must be at a -2000 calories per day.

This means... just sitting around all day and eating 0 calories...

Or eating 2000 calories and burning 4000 calories somehow. You burn about 120 calories per mile running at medium pace... so you'll burn 2000 by just breathing, and you'll have to run something like 16 - 17 miles to be at a -2000 calorie... to lose 1 lb.

I don't recommend losing that much weight in that short amount of time. At all.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Like ISneeze funny says, there really is no way you can lose that much weight, safely, what you will initially be losing is water weight, but as soon as you eat or consumeliquid it's going to come right back, and I mean immediately. Exercising with their plan is a great start, eating correct portion of good foods will help you lose 2-3 lbs a week, safely and this weight won't come back, if you stick to this... exercise 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week, drinks lots of water and smaller portions of food.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Fault to pay rent on day by day lease [ 3 Answers ]

My father rented a house in Rockport, Texas to a small family. He used a verbal contract with stating it would be week by week basis. If they didn't pay they would have to leave. Well they have not paid in nearly a month. My dad kept giving them chances. Well now they will not move. My question...

Slow shipping on the AirClimber? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone has had problems receiving their Air Climber? Does it take a long time to receive? Also, is this a good item for someone with a bad knee? Thanks

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

View more questions Search