Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RCPMDR4-EVER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Tongue Ring 3
    Hey,

I got my Tongue PIERCED on 2-13-08
    I want to KNOW when do u think I can CHANGE it...

How HARD is it to CHANGE...

Wht do I have to do / LOOK for when changing my Tongue Ring...

Thanks,
    Michelle
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You won't want to change it for at least 8 weeks, although I would wait longer and continue aftercare as usual, as all of my piercings have taken longer than the usual time ti heal properly where I could not tear tissue or anything.

If you are changing it for the first time it's pretty much impossible to just do it, you should go to the studio you had it pierced at and have them help you. They will explain to you the jewelry you should wear, how long it should be, and the gauge you don't know that already. It is important to continue aftercare after the changing of the jewelry as well and keep careful watch for any signs of allergic reaction to the new jewelry. After changing the jewelry for the first time you may experience soreness butt here should be no bleeding, weeping, or pus, and little redness, excess redness may mean there is nickel or something you are allergic to in the jewelry, but you should not have that problem if you buy jewelry from a reputable studio.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Charlotte gave you some wonderful advice!

The only thing I might add is, make sure you stick with surgical steel jewelry. Surgical steel is the jewelry that was put in when you got it pierced. It has a low rate of allergic reaction, and if it hasn't given you any problems thus far, I'd stick with it. Stay away from jewelry that contains nickel, it has a very high rate of allergic reaction. I would also steer clear of jewelry with plastic bars. Plastic is porous, and can absorb bacteria. You can, however, get a surgical steel bar with plastic balls. That is okay, and is actually recommended to lower the chance of chipped teeth and wearing down of the tooth enamel.

Good luck! If you can't get the balls off yourself, stop trying. Sometimes the piercers put it on too tight and it is very hard to get off. If that is the case, go back to your piercer and have him/her get it off for you. They will usually do this as a courtesy, free of charge. Even if they try to charge you for it, its worth it.
    blair2140 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:33 PM

Its VERY easy to change. Just try it. I did lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Ring [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 TURNING 16 in 20 some days... This is a B-Day gift from my Mom... I wanted it DONE... So, she let me go & get it... I got my tongue done on 2/13/08... YESTERDAY... It didn't REALLY hurt that BAD... BUT... I am SCARED of needles... So, I almost PASSED out... BUT... Anyway... It HURTs to...

Tongue Ring 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to KNOW what FOODs & DRINKS... I can HAVE... & NOT have... Like NAME them off... Don't just say well mushy foods... NAME off a lot of FOODS we CAN & CAN NOT have... I would LOVE the HELP... Me, Mom, & my Sister... We all got our tongue pierced on wedseday... We want to KNOW what we can...

Tongue ring and playing an instrument [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get my tongue pierced this Friday, but I don't know if I can because I play a brass instrument in a wind ensemble and we practice twice a week. If I were to get my tongue pierced Friday evening, would I be able to play my instrument on Tuesday?

Is it okay to change my tongue ring yet? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced exactly 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering if it was okay to change the barbell I got pierced with to a smaller one. And if that is okay, how should I change it?

Painful tongue ring [ 3 Answers ]

I got a tongue ring on 4/21 and they told me that pain will be most painful between 3 and 4 days. Ive had mine for 5 days already, and it is still painful. I feel like its pinching on something, and it hurst real bad. My tongue is still numb. Is this normal? Or should I take it out? Its like a...

View more questions Search