Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cabezon1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Repairing apparent leak in line under Kitchen sink faucet
    To Whom It May Concern:

My wife and I just noticed a significant leak in one of the lines that apprently connects to the kitchen faucet. I think I can see where the water comes from... but then again, the leak could easily be farther up where I can't see.

To explain further, I can see three lines under the sink: the hot and cold water lines (not sure which is which) and the line that goes to the faucet (we have an extendable faucet that can also serve as a sprayer). All three lines meet right below the faucet and I think that is where the leak is at. The only problem: I can't get to it... nor do I know how to remove the faucet to see where it's at.

We're both very new parents; I'm a college student; we just bought this house and so we don't have a lot of money to spend on an expensive plumber. So, if I can fix the leak myself, that's best. Please help me... I have a good idea where the leak is at but just don't know what to do from here. Thanks in advance.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Cabezon... first thing to do is empty out under the sink... crawl in there with a good flashlight and locate the leak.

Hot water is on left, cold water on right, and the extended spray is in center (with a weight or spring on it).

Check everything... shutoffs, any connection points between different pipes/materials, etc.

Then check the spray... pull it out and check the above sink connections first... run water while checking... then with water running go under sink and see if hose leaks underneath.

If we don't know which connections leak we cannot explain how to repair?

Start here, let us know from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Won't turn off at faucet [ 2 Answers ]

My Hot water just runs and runs... I shut it off at the valve under the kitchen sink last night. What would make that happen?? Is it a problem with my faucet or something more than that? Help me

Kitchen sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

The pipe on the kitchen sink faucet feels warm. Also the pipes are noisy, like water running

Hot water cylinder leak and kitchen faucet [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I just discovered that our hot water cylinder sprung a leak. Towards the top of the cylinder, the insulation looks like it burst outward, but we don't see the hole in the cylinder. There is water collecting between the insulation and the cylinder that we are able to keep...

Kitchen sink faucet and sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem I turn on water in kitchen sink and no water but the sprayer works I have taken it apart as far as I could figure out how to but still no water out of faucet

Is air in water line possible? Leak in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, my problem is two-fold... first off, for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet. Second, and more major, problem is...

View more questions Search