Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shane 3662 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Dodge wiring
    Hi I have a 1985 Dodge 350 crew cab and the problem is the dam thing won't start. I changed the alternator , voltage regulator, the fuseable link. I can jump the truck using a scrwedriver but it won't start the key. This has got me totally buffaloed. Any help would be great
    huskyjjc Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Check the ign. Switch go to the switch make sure there is power going in . The norm is a red wire or yellow and thick. If there is power going in try to cranl the engine and check to see if there is power any where at the switch it would help if you go to the starter and see what color the wire is at the starter sol. If the is power going out then run a new wire to the starter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help on Dodge Truck Wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I was helping a friend install a siren in his dodge truck (volunteer Firefighter) and somehow the positive and ground touched and caused the horn, interior lights, and buzzer to deactivate. I checked all fuses in fuse block and all fuses and relays under the hood and they were all good with none...

Dodge truck wiring [ 19 Answers ]

I have a 1979 Dodge truck which will not charge. I have checked and rechecked connections, had the alternator checked by a garage I trust but they say it's OK . Are there any other typical problems which I may not know about? The Volt gauge (which I installed bypassing the old amp gauge) reads...

Dodge truck wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a project Dodge truck. I want to wire the alternator without going through the ammeter. The harness I have has been modified before I got it and I have a question as to where the 3 wires on the alternator go. There is the normal, large black wire coming from the alternator which...

View more questions Search