Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hj3 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2008, 03:58 AM
    Error code meaning & how to fix it
    I have a Canon BJ W9000 42" wide format printer / plotter. When I start it up, the small lcd screen says "intializing", the printer cycles, then an error code comes up stating "EB204" and the printer won't go any further. Would anybody happen to know the meaning of and how to fix this error code? Would anybody happen to have an electronic manual and / or the trouble codes for this printer? Thank you & have a good day.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 10:46 AM
    HJ3,

I did not want you to think you are being ignores, but I have not bee able to find that particular error code yet.

I have sent a request into [email protected] for the answer.

Feb 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Ok. Thank you. That's very well appreciated!
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Feb 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Go to Canon web site and do your research there. A manual could help.

Feb 27, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Hj3,

The BJ W9000 is not listed on the Canon website, that's whyI sent the request t Canon for assistance.

Mar 6, 2008, 11:42 AM
    HJ3,

I'm having zero luck from either Canon or the general network public.

Are there any numbers adjacent to the "BJ"? For example "BJ 123"?

Mar 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
    HJ3,

Okay, I have the answer. But please read the rest of this note. A word of Thanks to Canon Support Center in Cheasepeake, VA. For there assistance in providing the information below.

"EB204" is a problem with the recovery cap wiper and it will require a service technician to fix it.

The reason nothing can be found on the Canon USA website is because all information on this printer has been removed.

This printer is supported by dealer service only. The dealers are, Ikon (888) 275-5561, Danka (800) 653-2652 and Canon Business Solutions (800) 815-4000. Whether these dealers are local to me I do not know, you will have to call yourself.

Mar 19, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Thanks for the help. Canon is really difficult to get through. I finally got the thing to work (turns out that a gear was knocked loose during transport) and it prints a test page quite well from the imagepass system. I can't print from my laptop though, because it needs a parallel connection so when I get a chance, I'm going to pull out my desktop and use the parallel port from there. Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix this error... [ 17 Answers ]

Well its about outlook express... every time I open it there's an error show here it is: :confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:...

Email error response and how to fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'http', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I'd like to know how to fix this response?

How to fix tis error with Outlook express. [ 1 Answers ]

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'connect', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D :( :confused:

How to fix Error 0x800CCC0D [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me I can't fix this error

View more questions Search