Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmorJade5683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Skin "whiteners" that work for african americans
    I need to find out what is the best form of skin whitening product for my skin tone (ie: pills/cremes) and which brands work the best.

Before moving back to the island of Oahu I was a tanish-orange complextion with a pale "hue." And now I'm a dark orange complextion... which products would work best for me taking into consideration the fact that I am constantly exposed to extreme hawaiian sun rays?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
    You need to use a good sunblock. If you're using a skin lightener and are always exposed to the sun without protection (sunblock) then there is no point using the lightener. So use a good sunblock.
    Bio Claire in my opinion is a good skin lightener. I am currently using it at the moment and is the only thing that is working for me. Bear in mind it might not work for you though but is worth a try as it's quite cheap and contains no hydroquinone.
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Feb 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
    --- removed ---

Feb 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic
    You need to use a good sunblock. If you're using a skin lightener and are always exposed to the sun without protection (sunblock) then there is no point using the lightener. So use a good sunblock.
    Bio Claire in my opinion is a good skin lightener. I am currently using it at the moment and is the only thing that is working for me. Bear in mind it might not work for you though but is worth a try as it's quite cheap and contains no hydroquinone.
    About how many shades lighter can I get with using this product?
    And where the heck can I get it?
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmorJade5683
    I need to find out what is the best form of skin whitening product for my skin tone (ie: pills/cremes) and which brands work the best.

Before moving back to the island of Oahu I was a tanish-orange complextion with a pale "hue." And now im a dark orange complextion...which products would work best for me taking into consideration the fact that I am constantly exposed to extreme hawaiian sun rays?
    I have been using Diana Stalder for about a month now and it has cleared my spots and slightly lighten my face. This is the only thing that has ever shown improvement for me and I like the way it feels on my skin. So I am still using it and giving it time because my face is about 3 shades darker than by body. :( So I am hoping in about 2-3 more months my face will be as light as my body.

Feb 26, 2008, 10:41 AM
    About how many shades lighter can I get with using this product?
    And where the heck can I get it?!
    Some people have gone 5 shades lighter with this (that I know of).
    Can be purchased from a black beauty shop or the internet.

Feb 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    I have been using Diana Stalder for about a month now and it has cleared my spots and slightly lighten my face. This is the only thing that has ever shown improvement for me and i like the way it feels on my skin. So i am still using it and giving it time because my face is about 3 shades darker than by body. :( So i am hoping in about 2-3 more months my face will be as light as my body.
    I also used DS. Only slightly lightened me too.

Feb 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I have been using Diana Stalder for about a month now and it has cleared my spots and slightly lighten my face. This is the only thing that has ever shown improvement for me and i like the way it feels on my skin. So i am still using it and giving it time because my face is about 3 shades darker than by body. :( So i am hoping in about 2-3 more months my face will be as light as my body.
    Mucho gracias for the feed back.
    Yeah, my face and arms tend to get the darkest... sad but true.
    So where did you get the product from??

Feb 28, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Some people have gone 5 shades lighter with this (that I know of).
    Can be purchased from a black beauty shop or the internet.
    "Black beauty shop"?? You mean hair salons...
    There's a really small market out here(in hawaii) for black business'
    "Can you give me the web address?"

Feb 28, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Mucho gracias for the feed back.
    Yeah, my face and arms tend to get the darkest...sad but true.
    So where did you get the product from???
    You are welcome. I get the Diana stalder from southgain on eBay. Here is the link
    eBay Store - SouthGain: Diana Stalder, skin, baseball cards
    I use the Papaya Kojic soap and the whitening cream.
    The soap may sting and dry your skin at first but after a couple of weeks it won't sting as much. You have to be patient because it took 3 week before I noticed improvement. The darker you are the longer you have to wait to see results.
    I also ordered the Bio Claire because it seem a lot of people have gotten fast results. So I am planning on using that just to speeden the process and then I will us DS to maintain results.

Feb 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
    I also used DS. Only slightly lightened me too.
    Hey punkchic, how has Bio Claire worked for you? It seems like it is very strong and works fast but a lot of people said it thins the skin stops working after 2 months or so..
    I am planning on using it for 3-4 weeks and then just using the DS to maintain.
    How long did it take for you to see results and how many shades lighter are you now?
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Feb 29, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Why are some people saying that bio claire would not work for african skin or whatever when there's an african american woman on the damn cover of the products?

Lol I don't get it.

Mar 1, 2008, 07:52 PM
    You are welcome. I get the Diana stalder from southgain on ebay. Here is the link
    eBay Store - SouthGain: Diana Stalder, skin, baseball cards
    I use the Papaya Kojic soap and the whitening cream.
    The soap may sting and dry your skin at first but after a couple of weeks it won't sting as much. You have to be patient because it took 3 week before i noticed improvement. The darker you are the longer you have to wait to see results.
    I also ordered the Bio Claire because it seem a lot of people have gotten fast results. so i am planning on using that just to speeden the process and then i will us DS to maintain results.

Thank you SOO much. I just saw all three products and they are very affordable compared to others. Im surprised that they actually work... anywho
    Ill try the product for about 3weeks and post "Before and After" snap shots.
    Gras

Mar 3, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D
    Why are some people saying that bio claire would not work for african skin or whatever when there's an african american woman on the damn cover of the products?!

lol I don't get it.
    It is made in Africa so I am guessing it is designed especially for black skin.

Mar 3, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Thank you SOO much. I just saw all three products and they are very affordable compared to others. Im suprised that they actually work....anywho
    Ill try the product for about 3weeks and post "Before and After" snap shots.
    gras
    You are welcome! You just have to be patient if you have dark skin because it takes longer to see results. For most asians I have seen on this site have had results in 2 weeks. But it took a while for me to see results. I am now using bio claire because it is supposedly stonger but hate the smell so I don't know, I might just stick to the DS and have slow gradual lightening.

Mar 10, 2008, 12:26 AM
    You are welcome! you just have to be patient if you have dark skin because it takes longer to see results. For most asians i have seen on this site have had results in 2 weeks. But it took a while for me to see results. I am now using bio claire because it is supposedly stonger but hate the smell so i dont know, i might just stick to the DS and have slow gradual lightening.
    So how's the Bio Claire treating you?
    You mind giving me the link so I can purchase it!
    I still need to get the DS but I haven't gotten around to it.

Mar 10, 2008, 12:32 AM
    I started using palmer's fade cream... I guess you can say that I'm "pale" now. But still dark.. well darker than Id like to be.
    "Where can I get the Bio Claire"
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 10, 2008, 03:16 AM
    at Afrobest online shop

Type in Bio Clair into the search section

Mar 10, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Bio Clair

Mar 10, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Not sure where you live but most Black afro shops that stock cosmetics should sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Skin Lightening for African Americans! [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I've been checking out the forums on skin whitening for african americans and I'm confused and really need help. I'm a very dark person due to being in the sun all day I'd like lighten up at least 3-4 shades. If anyone can assist me on some good information, or products to try it would be...

Grammar: "Work with Ceramic" or "Work with Ceramics?" [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I have a quick question regarding English grammar. In a sentence, should it be "work with ceramic" or "work with ceramics?" For example, the sentence is "I would like to draw, paint, and work with ceramic(s)." Which is the correct one? Thank you, Victor Ly

View more questions Search