Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caity_babe123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Going off the Depo Shot
    I have only had 3 shots and I have gained about 15 pounds. I have also become moody and my periods seem to last weeks while I was on it, although they got lighter every time. I decided to go off it because I was not comfortable with myself. I didn't feel like me. I have always been semi-active and Don't have great nutrition, but never ate really bad. I have decided to go off the shot. Possibly back on the pill, but I don't know yet.

My main question here is are there major side effects for going off the shot? Like rashes, bad periods, so on and so forth... I feel kind of stupid for asking all this but I really just want the truth.

Thanks for your time!:)
    caity_babe123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
    I love how no one answered. I have seen a few other posts and they say they went off it. No one could even say look at that? Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Sorry it took so long to answer your question, Caity, but my school schedule is very demanding right now.

There really are no adverse reactions going off depo. You may have irregular bleeding for a while. I can't tell you if it will be heavy or light, often or missing a month or two, those affects are VERY different for every woman.

But as far as rashes, etc. no, you shouldn't have anything like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 16 Answers ]

I received my first Depo shot a month ago. The day after I got the shot I was supposed to start my period. And the reason I went to the doctor was because I thought I was pregnant and I was given a test and it came back negative so they gave me the shot. First of all I thought doctors were supposed...

Depo shot [ 3 Answers ]

I was not on my period when I got the depo shot. 2 weeks later I started my period now I have had heavy bleeding ever since is this normal or should I call my doctor?

Getting off the depo shot. Or not. [ 2 Answers ]

hello. My name is josie and I'm 24 yrs of age. I'm engaged to be married next year. (by then I will already be 25) my future husband and I plan to get pregnant by 27. I've been on the DEPO shot for about 2-3 yrs. I haven't had a period since. I'm due back for my next injection on the 28th of this...

View more questions Search