Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fauvette Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Trust Versus Foundation
    what Is The Difference Between A Foundation And A Trust. Witch One Is Best For Tax Shelter Thank You
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Hello f:

It's not that simple. One may be better than the other depending upon one's overall financial plan.

If this is something that you're contemplating, see a Certified Financial Planner first.

excon
    coton4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Hello,

I am in the process of setting up papers for a non profit organization.

It is called Coton Rescue (either Foundation Trust, or Chartible Trust)
    The purpose is to be able to accept donations from either Corp Sponsors and/ or individual that can be tax exempt donation.

Donations received would be used 100% towards rescue, not for any administrative cost.

Our Rescue, still in the planning stages would like to be able to gain enough donations that we would be able to help Rescue Organization financially. Our organization is small, 2 people. We could not actually rescue Coton de Tulears our self, but if we would like help other Rescue Organization through financial help.

My questions are:
    Would we need to be a Trust or Chartible organization.
    Either the Trust-Foundations or Chartible status, our donations would have to be tax deductions for the contributor.
    Our purpose would be to review applications for donations from non profit animal rescues that rescue our breed the Coton de Tulear.

So, needless to say we are just starting, have a zero balance to start our organization and very little knowledge of how we need to set up our organization to best benefit or help organizations that rescue Cotons. Your advice would be greately appreciated.

Cotons Rescue
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coton4u;
    My questions are:
    Would we need to be a Trust or Chartible organization.
    Either the Trust-Foundations or Chartible status, our donations would have to be tax deductions for the contributor.
    Our purpose would be to review applications for donations from non profit animal rescues that rescue our breed the Coton de Tulear.

So, needless to say we are just starting out, have a zero balance to start our organization and very little knowledge of how we need to set up our organization to best benefit or help organizations that rescue Cotons. Your advice would be greately appreciated.
    You really should have started a new thread for this new question.

I am a licensed tax attorney, but you need a professional to analyze your particular situation, including all aspects of your situation, and review the nuts and bolts of section 501 (c) to come up with an accurate answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Measurments for a foundation [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the required measurments for a foundation for an addition in a house.

Let's create the foundation [ 8 Answers ]

If you're not an inventor then you'll never understand. The inventor is a kind of artist, mainly based on inspiration. He doesn't need to be a scientist or a technician, he just wakes up one morning with a lighting idea that in most cases doesn't even know how to transform in something real. But...

What is the best foundation to buy? [ 1 Answers ]

What Foundation Can I Buy That Will Give Me A Flawless Look. I Like To Go Quite Dark But I Litrally Have Very Fair Skin Please Can Somebody Help Me And Tell Me Which Product Is The Best! Thanks

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Can someone tell me what is rubber flashing material. That I put against my brick foundation Thanks

View more questions Search