Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afraid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 05:56 PM
    My marriage is falling apart
    My wife and I will have been 17yrs. In about three weeks. Two weeks ago we had a fight at that time she told me that she loved me but she didn't like me and thought we should take a break or get a divorce. We have been under a lot of finicial straights for the last few years which cause a great deal of fighting. She has a lot of friends but nun that live real close. Most of them are guys that make her laught and are always doing fun things. This wekkend she up and took a trip to Austin so she could get away and think. But I found out that one of her friend from Washington state was flying to meet her. She says she has no sexual interest in him, but I am not so sure. She went to seattle two years back to visit an old friend and his wife. She loves it there so much that is all she can think about. She would have us living there in a heartbeat if she could. The guy that she went to meet she meet on the trip there. I love this woman so much it hurt and I don't want to give up on this marriage. She says if I get help for my angrier and depression, she will get help for hers, so we can go to counciling to hopefully fix this marriage. Is there any hope?:( :( we have two children, one is by her first marriage and is out of high school and our other is a freshman in high school.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:00 PM
    You didn't mention whether you have children: how many and what age? Thanks.
    justbeme Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I am in a similar situation, not married as long as you guys have been. If you two really love each other then there is hope, but you both have to want it. If you are willing to stick it out and talk to each other about the problems you have it could work. Every relationship has its ups and downs it is just a matter of what each of you want. As a female I also have more male friends than females and understand where you are coming from, my husband to, has his reservations about them and is constantly wondering the big what if. Women in my opinion do not see things on the same level as our counterparts do, and nine times out of ten we do not view men in the same way either, but I can only speak for myself and some of the other women I know. I say talk to her and let her be honest with you without you making her feel guilty for her feeling, I know that I sometimes am a bit reserved about sharing my feeling because of the fear of feeling guilty or bad for hurting his feeling... and in turn she needs to let you share your feeling. All you can do is try and do your part and she has to be willing to do hers. I hope this is a little help, and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbeme
    i am in a similar situation, not married as long as you guys have been. If you two really love each other then there is hope, but you both have to want it. If you are willing to stick it out and talk to each other about the problems you have it could work. Every relationship has its ups and downs it is just a matter of what each of you want... I say talk to her and let her be honest with you without you making her feel guilty for her feeling, i know that i sometimes am a bit reserved about sharing my feeling because of the fear of feeling guilty or bad for hurting his feeling... and in turn she needs to let you share your feeling. All you can do is try and do your part and she has to be willing to do hers. I hope this is a little help, and i am sorry to hear that you are having problems.
    No communication = No relationship

Communication doesn't begin with demands or accusations.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Feb 23, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I think that if you are angry and depressed, you should go see someone and if she is finding outlets other places, she should too. That's no guarantee that you'll get back together but you should each find support from professionals.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
    I don't think that this woman is marrying material. I understand that you hurt and you want her back but you can not force the pieces to fit in this puzzle. A married woman does not go on a trip with some other guy friend or not. She does not hang out with guy friends whether. Not having any interest in them sexually is not a justication.

You have every right to be angry and depressed. Unless I missed something you are being mistreated. How did she fool you into thinking that you are looking at the situation all wrong? I would bail out of this burning plane.

This woman is running over you. If you want to save this marriage you need to MAN UP! Tell that this bull is going to end NOW! If she wants to go to Seattle go but your life is here. If hanging out with her friends makes her do that. I love you. But I don't have to accept it. This is not want I want in a marriage. Leave a couple of pauses in there so when she attempts to interrupt you tell her... that you are not finished! Then you start packing something's and you say nothing else. If she does not stop you and apologize and say that she will make changes. You leave. If she loves you and willing to work it out she is going to call you.

She can either gain a new respect for you and want to change. Or she could not care. Either way is WIN WIN if she changes it will be for the better. IF does not care why would you want to be with a woman that does not care?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Falling apart [ 6 Answers ]

Nothing I do or don't do is good enough for my wife . Everything is my fault money,house,love,sex, you name it I'm the looser so I have made an appointment for a marriage counsellor .im prepared for it to all be my fault but I don't think that she could take it if it turns out to be her fault .I...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

My marriage is falling ! [ 8 Answers ]

I am 24 years old Indian lady who has been married for 5 years. Ours is a love arranged marriage in a sense tat I had to struggle to convince my parents and relatives to agree to the marriage. Also my husband is 12 years elder to me. We have 2 and a half years old daughter.My problem is our...

Could he be falling? [ 28 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months. We met online Jan 2nd. We started talking for a few days first online and then on the phone which were 2 hour conversations. We then decided to meet and have been dating every since…. Exclusively. In fact, he was seeing another girl when we met,...

Marriage falling apart [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I've been married 31-years to a man with anger management problems. It never occurred to me that I was being verbally and emotionally abused by him until recently. I know, pretty pathetic of me not to have figured it out before. But he had me so convinced that I was wrong or bad all...

View more questions Search