Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Guinness683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Wrong keys
    Recently had a new hard drive fitted, and after installing keyboard the @ and " have been reversed, as in pressing @ on the keyboard results in " being printed and the same the other way. Any kind person out there can give me a clue to rectify this problem.
    Frank
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 23, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Go into your control panel and go to clock region and panel and them from there you can change your key board to where in the world you are
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 24, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Glad it worked took me ages to figure that out when it happened to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keys typing wrong characters [ 7 Answers ]

The @ key and " key are exchanged. The back slash comes up as#.and several other keys come up with the wrong characters. What do I do? Regards Theo:)

Wrong letters coming up on keys [ 7 Answers ]

I have no trouble with my keyboard except when I want to send an email from my IncredimailXE acct. Recently I updated it and since then I have been unable to use the keyboard because the keys are all mixed up. They don't even have all the letters. Example: I can type"a" fine but this is what I...

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Fn Keys [ 4 Answers ]

I need help! Keys on my keyboard are not working e.g. k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... How can I fix this?

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

View more questions Search