Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeNdOniMe Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Who caused my miscarriage?
    I am 14 and recently miscarried my third pregnancy... my first I had terminated the second I miscarried due to a stab wound to the stomach and as I said I've miscarried my third at 10 weeks.

My doctor told me my miscarriage was probably to do with the scar tissue and damage caused by the stabbing last time but I disagree as the surgeon who removed the blade from the wound said that it would all be fine and I'd be able to have a successful pregnancy...

I believe that my miscarriage was caused by 3 things...
    1) at 7 weeks my brother stood on my stomach... only for a second or so but it hurt...
    2) I was thrown into a desk during a row with a family member and banged my stomach quite hard this was at 9 weeks...
    3) none of my friends knew I was pregnant so I go a few minor bashes every so often...

I just wanted to know what you guys thought about the cause before I blame someone...
    Bellagrace19 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Feb 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Im not trying to suggest anything, I don't know you personally... But I don't think that your boby is not developed enough to carry a baby... exspecially if you are active in sports, rough housing, etc. Anything can set it off...

Hope this helps.. What does your parents think?
    Luke99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Hi -

I'm very sorry about your miscarriage.

Miscarriages can be caused by many things but it's worth keeping in mind that its not rare to have a miscarriage that early in pregnancy where no reason is determined. You don't necessarily need to find anyone to blame and I don't see that blaming anyone is guaranteed to help you. Scar tissue from your previous surgery could interfere with your pregnancy. If your surgeon told you that you are capable of having children in the future, this is not a guarantee every future pregnancy will reach term (the time of birth).

Although your body can take quite a lot even when pregnant (in terms of physical exercise), it is best to be careful about your child and try to avoid physical fights at all costs - it is never acceptable for you to be intentionally hurt by those that care for you.

Your question makes me worry about you. If you are being intentionally hurt or taken advantage of by people (or even those you don't) you know, you should find someone you can trust to confide in, say your doctor or teacher who will be able to help you.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Feb 23, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Well if you are small and/or 14 years old your body may not be able to carry yet. I had a miscarriage at 16 years old due to my body not being fully developed. I wouldn't let people hit you either pergnate or not. Sounds like you are not choosing the best life style either. If your brother, family, and friends are hitting you you got a PROBLEM. Don't know what caused the misscarige but be happy you are only a kid yourself. I really do recommend you getting on birth control for kids are so expensive you wouldn't even know. How would you pay for all that anyway? Get your education you can meet lots of ups later on... :)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 23, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! I'm not a pregnancy expert or doctor, so I can't really give you and information about why, but I'm sorry you are going through this! Perhaps at 14 your body is just not able to handle it. I know a girl who miscarried at your age, but later had 3 healthy kids in her twenties, so don't lose hope of having a child someday. Take good care of yourself and someday when you are ready for a child, see a doctor who has lots of experience with high risk pregnancies. For right now, some counseling might help you deal with the miscarriage. Perhaps your doctor or parents, or a teacher can help you find someone good to talk to.

Who was the family member who threw you into a desk? Was it an adult? You should really tell someone if people are hurting you in any way because there is lots of help out there if you need it! So if you're being abused or anything, please tell someone!
    psiloveyou21 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Y on EARTH would you want to have a baby @ 14!! Your going to be barely 24-25 and your baby will b 10... ull be paying for rur child's college before your 30.. I mean... yikes. And especially if your not acting mature about any of this. Its not your time. You can't let people stand on you or let your friends punch you... you are carrying a human life when you are pregnant. If you let this stuff happen to you. Don't you think its kind of your fault? I'm not trying to be mean but... honestly.. my fiancé sister just turned 16 and she's pregnant... she doesn't have a job, her GRANDMOTHER supports her... her grandmother bought all her baby stuff. You should know deep down inside if your going to be there or not for the child. I mean your not really even in high school yet... youll never party, you'll never get that girls night out. You won't have any enjoyment... im sorry, but... its the truth
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Where are your parents? Who is getting you pregnant? What the hell are you doing getting pregnant at 14? I'm sorry, but this burns me. How do you expect to support a kid? You will be a burden on society. And what type of life do you expect a kid to have when its mother is only a child herself?

Be thankful you miscarried and learn about contraception, or better yet, abstinance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage caused debt now I want out [ 1 Answers ]

I am in debt up to my ears because I got into a marriage and was naïve. Now I have a mortgage, two vehicles and loads of debt in my name and he cannot help me pay for anything. Now I want to separate from him but don't know what to do. I can't pay two mortgages if I move out. How can I sell if I...

My anger caused our separation [ 10 Answers ]

This is my storty I'm 24 and my girl is 19, we been going out since may of 2006. Things were so perfect and there was nothing in the world that can separate us. Until my kids had moved back to the city from upstate this is when things started changing. On my days off my girlfriend would stay over...

Hurt caused by me or you to another [ 7 Answers ]

Exactly how much of responsibility do I or anyone has/have for someone else's feeling of being hurt after I/anyone caused it. No matter how much the apologies, isn't there a point where the other person need to take care of their feelings no matter how much I've hurt? I NEED YOUR OPINION ON HOW...

Could this be caused by the Depo shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I got the Depo shot for the first time in November for the first time. Since about a month after I have had nothing but problems like I have been bleeding more regular than usual menstrual periods last, itchiness down there, burns to pea, back pain, my breasts have been...

Can Parvo be caused by a vaccine? [ 5 Answers ]

I adopted a seven week old puppy on 6 January, 2007. He is our only pet, and he was kept in our house, with outside potty breaks only. He had no contact with any other animals during that time. On 16 January I took him to the vet to have his DHLPP vaccination. Later that day, he stopped eating...

View more questions Search